Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what motor will fit?

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
my vk will NEVER be a paddoc basher wtff?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
LMAO! you dont have a licence!!!! why wont you just accept that for the majority of its sad life with you it will be just that, a paddock basher. we have all done it, now its your turn. then when you get your p's the ol girl will not suit you and you will upgrade and sell her for nix to someone who will use her for parts. :p

greenvk355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK355+VS V6
LMAO! you dont have a licence!!!! why wont you just accept that for the majority of its sad life with you it will be just that, a paddock basher. we have all done it, now its your turn. then when you get your p's the ol girl will not suit you and you will upgrade and sell her for nix to someone who will use her for parts. :p

LOL good point, as for the poor old vk if you wanna do something start soon or put your plans into action otherwise you'll lose interest and it'll never happen.
you could always get another car for when you get your licence and make your vk something thats actually going to be more suited to a fully licenced driver when you get yours, like putting a v8 in it or setting it up for drag etc....etc...

Set some goals or thrash it in a paddock

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
ari66, you dont know me so dont go saying i will not like it in a few years, and what ur saying because i dont have a full licence the car has a sad life?
i brought it off a guy who had it in a garage for 7 years. as in it wasnt driven in 7 years..
and it actually gets driven now. ide say i saved it from a sad life thnkkkkyouuuuuu ;) :)
i will be keeping this car for years. also my other car that i just brought
i love older cars so dont go saying in a few years i wont cos i have allwase loved them.

im not having a go at you but i hate it when people say **** like that without even actually knowing me

anyway im done with this thread. it doesnt need to be here anymore iv got the adive i need
close thread? if thats possible :p

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X Wagon
I've done a bit of research into this myself, and this is what I've found so far:
V6 conversion into a first gen can be done legally, BUT, if you are a P plater you will not be allowed to drive it without an exemption as it requires an engineers cert, and anything requiring an engineers cert is restricted for a P plater. This applies to NSW, however I assume Vic is much the same. Unfortunately we can't have a 130kw VB-VK, but if you want to drive a 190kw VE go right ahead. ****ing retarded rules, but thems the breaks.

Manual conversion can be done easily, VK 6 cylinders were released with (IIRC) trimatic (available across all models, and if you opted for EFI 202 in a VK you had to have trimatic) 4 speed M21 or a borg warner 5 speed. The M21 4 speed was available to every VK 6 cylinder (except of course EFI) and the 5 speed was only available to the 173 (2.85L) engines, however it will bolt up to a 202 (3.3L) with no issues.

I'm pretty sure I was about to buy greenvk's brothers manual conversion too, but my computer buggered itself, so I'm up $200 for a new video card and can no longer afford it :(

NZVK308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK sold.. VN3.8 and VX aclaim
ari66, you dont know me so dont go saying i will not like it in a few years, and what ur saying because i dont have a full licence the car has a sad life?
i brought it off a guy who had it in a garage for 7 years. as in it wasnt driven in 7 years..
and it actually gets driven now. ide say i saved it from a sad life thnkkkkyouuuuuu ;) :)
i will be keeping this car for years. also my other car that i just brought
i love older cars so dont go saying in a few years i wont cos i have allwase loved them.

im not having a go at you but i hate it when people say **** like that without even actually knowing me

anyway im done with this thread. it doesnt need to be here anymore iv got the adive i need
close thread? if thats possible :p

talk bout throw your toys out of the cot son sheesh:rofl2:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Unfortunately we can't have a 130kw VB-VK, but if you want to drive a 190kw VE go right ahead. ****ing retarded rules, but thems the breaks.

i have to disagree a little here. 190KW in a car that is;

a. heavier
b. ABS
c. TRC
d. air bagged
e. better suspension
f. better brakes
g. better side intrusion
h. better crumple zones all round
i. better everything all round

in a new commodore i would be much easier to avoid an accident that in an old VK, no matter how much you spend on brakes, suspension, steering etc and then you have the fact that when you do have an accident, technology may well keep you alive. and thats the point.

cops dont wanna go knocking on the door of your mums house informing her that you have died in an accident and who could blame them? f.. that. i reiterate, stop winging about p plate laws, get some driving expierence in a nice clean safe car and then mod it once you have had a few close calls.

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
i just brought myself a hq to play with,
and im gona leave the vk might buy a grp 3 body kit but thats about it.
im competly broke atm
mcdonnalds pays **** :)
i dont mind tho cos i get free food and i get paid for doing nothing
so why complain