Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What power should I get from these mods???

My60ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Hi guys
I have a 2010 Ve ssv 6 speed manual commodore. Current mods are, OTR cold air intake, stainless steel extractors with hi flow cats with full 3 inch exhaust, 4:11 LSD diff gears, cam I'm not sure on size comes in at 4000rpm, had the balancer fitted not sure on what this is called, under driven???

What rwkw should I get????

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
The real question is how much you should have gained, in percentage of the stock power. A dyno is not an absolute figure tool, it's a comparison tool.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Take it to a dyno place and get them to give it a power run then you will know exactly how many kW's you have

My60ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
I'd say 300rwkw+.

I got 302.9 rwkw. I had problems with the car and had a weak fuel pump, was told would get more with the new pump as it was running out of fuel
With the new pump I onky ended up with an extra 1.8 rwkw

It wS previously tuned by Russo performance and had 342 rwkw, so I'm guessing dynos are different and give different readings.

Car sounded different with the tune from russos,

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I got 302.9 rwkw. I had problems with the car and had a weak fuel pump, was told would get more with the new pump as it was running out of fuel
With the new pump I onky ended up with an extra 1.8 rwkw

It wS previously tuned by Russo performance and had 342 rwkw, so I'm guessing dynos are different and give different readings.

Car sounded different with the tune from russos,

Sounds like they milked money out of you if it was a performance pump, stock pump should handle the power fine.

342rwkw is too high for just a cam unless it's a really big one with ported heads.

My60ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Sounds like they milked money out of you if it was a performance pump, stock pump should handle the power fine.

342rwkw is too high for just a cam unless it's a really big one with ported heads.

So can these dyno guys just put a figure on paper or are all dynos different?. I was told with what I have from this tuner that I would get a NO BULLSHIT 320-330 rwkw. But I only got the 302

My60ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
That's exactly my point:

Thank you for that. I think he dose great work, have watched a lot of movies on YouTube about marks work shop

Last edited by a moderator: