Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what should be my next mod [LS1]

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
(Kingston_99 QUOTE:)yeah diff gear is on the list. i thought about brakes, but at the prices i got quoted....hell no! i mite find some Maloo ones.[/QUOTE]

Braided lines and good fluid will be a worthy upgrade for minimal outlay.Have you tried Race Brakes(Buisness)?

If you go diff gears make sure you use genuine and not aftermarket if you want a quiet diff.This is going to be the mod that will bring a wide smile to the face,bring the package together.Id be looking at a Harrop diff cover to shortly.

As someone mentioned,do you have valvesprings done?

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
Diff gears would be the next; I guess the issue here is if you go 3.9's and later go forced induction you may have to change ratios again.

If you are going to a larger throttle body you should also go to a intake manifild to suit, as the inlet to the stock manifold is only 75mm.

QldKev

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
thanks for all the info guys, i gess i will just keep doing my research as i dont realy know where to start. i mite start of with a bigger zorst (purely just for the sound), then get a bigger cam with valves as well, then some heads, then (maybe) a stroker kit if i have the $$$$.

my mind keeps jumping from one to the next.

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
Diff gears would be the next; I guess the issue here is if you go 3.9's and later go forced induction you may have to change ratios again.

If you are going to a larger throttle body you should also go to a intake manifild to suit, as the inlet to the stock manifold is only 75mm.

QldKev

thats an easy fix there, as i have an OTR, so just a bigger rubber hose to connect the too.

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
best and cheapest way would be get a blower or turbo set up now then upgrade all them little things down the track it would make more sense to do it that way as you can buy parts that suit forced inductions instead of having to change stuff later on to suit. plus it will be the cheapest way to get good power. very streetable power also.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
no, the mouth of the actual manifold behind the t/b is 75mm. not infront.

That's why some people don't realise bolting on a bigger throttle body alone does nothing, there's still the 75mm bottleneck of the manifold.

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
If manual get 4.11 diff gears, I have and wouldn't go back at best thing I ever did(after mafless tune)