Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What size are std efi inlet ports

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
ari666 we making up words now?

sub·stan·tive   /ˈsʌbstəntɪv/ Show Spelled
[suhb-stuhn-tiv] Show IPA
–noun Grammar .
a noun.
a pronoun or other word or phrase functioning or inflected like a noun.
of considerable amount or quantity.
possessing substance; having practical importance, value, or effect: substantive issues under discussion.

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
lol...when i looked back at it i was like **** maybe its not a word i had to go look it up...what i was trying to say was that yes i know 2mm would be a gain but it wouldnt be much of a gain compared to porting both head and inlet to the size of the gasket...ppl gotta work to a budget but if your going to buy a ported manifold and pay good money for such a small gain then it would be cheaper to just put a 70mm throttle on by itself...

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
70mm throttle body but the openining on my 5ltr manifold only about 68mm cant see the point cant see the point in putting 70 mm on it rather just polish throttle body. its like having a bigger funnel the hole can only take so much i made a gain by polishing mine but every car is different.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
70mm throttle body but the openining on my 5ltr manifold only about 68mm cant see the point cant see the point in putting 70 mm on it rather just polish throttle body. its like having a bigger funnel the hole can only take so much i made a gain by polishing mine but every car is different.

Do you know how much room the throttle shaft/blade takes up even at WOT? A lot more than 2mm....

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
.what i was trying to say was that yes i know 2mm would be a gain but it wouldnt be much of a gain compared to porting both head and inlet to the size of the gasket...

the problem is that the standard gaskets may well not be the optimum size or shape. if you have had the heads cleaned up then port matching isn't a bad idea between the intake manifold and head ports.

darky82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S1 5.7L
Thats what i was thinking, 7mm wider is a bit in size on my new heads ,im only going stock balanced crank and rod with .040 slight dish pistons they are from a 308 i think they will fit but lower comp a touch but was going to get the block decked a bit, im on a small budget