Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do? 06 VZ Exec.

bpeters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
I have a 2006 VZ Exec i bought in Feb 2008. At first i loved the car but now im getting over it. Im wanting more power and more fun. My mate has a VY Berlina and up against that it cant keep up off the lights i end up at the back end of his car with my foot to the floor.

Im on my full licence in July and am considering selling to get a VX SS or Clubsport or modifying my car to get up some KW. What would be the better way to go? Im thinking its going to be easyer to just mod it but what would be good to do without breaking the bank?

Heres some photos. Its now lowered in the front 'Super Lows' and put a twin tip exhaust system on it i just havnt gotten around to taking some pics with it done.

Please let me know any ideas. Thanks :)

Attachments

• SSA41614.JPG
    SSA41614.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 196
  • SSA41630.JPG
    SSA41630.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 161
  • SSA41634.JPG
    SSA41634.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 168
  • SSA41585.JPG
    SSA41585.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 198
  • SSA41613.jpg
    SSA41613.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 175
  • SSA41626.JPG
    SSA41626.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 197

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
mate, like the car, nice choice of wheels too, dont see those around too often. and as for u vs ur mates berlina, i couldnt really understand why that would be the case as the alloytec engines have higher kwz...either hes worked the **** out of his or uve got a bit of a dud, as for performance, u said u got a twin tip system...was that a full exhaust system including extractors or just a twin tip for show?...if u havent got ur extractors done, they should add a little bit of power n u could pick up a nice pair for roughly 600 bucks, dont go cheap cos they"ll fail and ule end up having to get good ones in the end anyway. externally it looks very nice, only thing u may want to do is get some personalised plates?, you'd be surprised how much happier you can be once u get them and if you have a dark schemed car like yours, it really blends alot better than the blatantly obvious white and blue standard plates that we get, im getting rid of mine tomorrow n puttin my personalised plates for my old car on...cant wait!

bpeters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Yea thats what i couldn't understand either. He hasn't done any engine work that i know of, but he is a mechanic so maybe he has done something. My exhaust Its just a system from the cat back single muffler 2'5" mainly for sound really. Ive thought about extractors but would i do the cat as well? Plates is a good idea i had some on my first car but its BPBMW saving them for the project now. But i do agree they do make you feel better about the car great idea will have to think of something to go with the car. Im thinking about doing the 2 Hole Mod but don't know if thats worth it? Ive also been trying to find a turbo but cant seem to find any?

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
its a nice car mate but at the end of the day its still a 6. ur mate will always rip you off the line because hes got the 3.8 ecotec which has a different gear setup. KW doesnt always mean quicker theres a bit more to it such as peak power and torque and whatnot. as for your dilemma go for the 8 without a doubt. a vx ss manual 5.7 ftw mate they sound off ther tits with a cam and exhaust and they go much better than a 6 with a couple of bolt ons. as for potential the 8 takes the cake. whether u get an 8 now or 5 years down the track is your choice but chances are ul want one eventually an u wont regret it so dont waste any more money on a 6 by all means enjoy but ul find out what i mean.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
hmm, i wouldnt of thought that the VY would beat a VZ off the line?...haha this makes things interesting...my mate has a VZ SV6 with 20's n an exhaust...ide say his exhaust has added a bit of punch but i think his 20's are slowin him down a little...i might actually have a chance...which i didnt think would be possible, might just have to throw down sometime soon lol..good to know

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
yeah im not too sure, manual's will definately go harder, but me and my mate are both on auto...so it could be interesting, i still doubt that ide be able to beat him but ill have fun finding out

mdmatt

mdmatt
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 LS1 Auto VZ SSZ 328.6rwhp
You won't have anywhere near as much fun in your v6 even after spending thousands on it you'll always love a SS better :)

bpeters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
I had a feeling it might have something to do with his low end torque. I had it looked over at the mechanics on friday and since then shes been running a dream so im keen to give me mate another run. But i do agree with the 8 i do want one but yes its a matter of when i suppose it will happen one day if not soon lol. Yea manuals are great fun i drove a friends VX Manual and it felt like it had a lot more boot than mine.

Good luck with your mate Delish let me know how it goes if you get around to it.

kdoohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
mate i have an 05 executive, throw a clubsport body kit on it look great lower some rim N!GGA tint.