Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what to get?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I'd go cam + dyno tune. You can pull a fair bit out of them just by a cam and good tune.

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
I'd go cam + dyno tune. You can pull a fair bit out of them just by a cam and good tune.

for 1 grand, you will stuggle with this option. it get a cam half decent in there, ull need double valve springs for the higher lift, thats $450 with retainers then the cam 700ish, thats over a grand in parts straight away. then you would wont double row timing chain, and if u dont custom tune it, which would be 900 at least. u could go mail order, but I think thats an average idea with a cammed car. Then theres the average factory clutch. I wouldnt even look at this option until u have extractors anyway.

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
I would go diff gears.

Then after that, Gearbox, Then Motor. Then you know where you stand with the rest of the car and dont need to worry about it exploding.

Jono191

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SS Thunder Ute.
haha i have not aknowledged your nos idea yet have i, i dont think ill be needing nos but thanks for the input all the same :p

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
yeh start at the rear work towards the front diff,tailshaft,trans,motor,tuning

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
id just do diff then the rest of your exhaust and then otr with mafless tune. your standard t56 will be upto the job and ya clutch should be ok until u put a cam in.:thumbsup:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
for 1 grand, you will stuggle with this option. it get a cam half decent in there, ull need double valve springs for the higher lift, thats $450 with retainers then the cam 700ish, thats over a grand in parts straight away. then you would wont double row timing chain, and if u dont custom tune it, which would be 900 at least. u could go mail order, but I think thats an average idea with a cammed car. Then theres the average factory clutch. I wouldnt even look at this option until u have extractors anyway.

although i agree with the diff idea completely (nos) i have to point out that getting new springs for a higher lift cam is not at all necessary. i dont have a clue about vy ss s2 blah whatevers, but i am assuming its an LS engine which have springs good for 500 lift. not too bad at all really

plus if your paying 700 for a cam your paying waaaay too much. i got my 327 cam, lifters, edelbrock manifold, crane break in lube, and gaskets for 550 bucks from speedpro in dandenong.

so yeah. something to think about (nos)