Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to look for when buying a VZ Berlina?

Ossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Hi guys,
Long time lurker.
Just looking for answers to the above question.
Thanks

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
check all electrics. make sure dash warning lights go off on startup. take it for a carwash make sure the drains are working and not filling up your back footwell check oils for recent fluid change, also check the books to make sure servicing was done to specs. take it for a spin at 100k n hour(on the fwy/hwy) and see if she handles nicely.check tyres are good, new ones cost alot.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
As above. But especially the engine. Alloytec engine and lax servicing equal quick death of engine.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Ossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
What do I check for in the engine/engine bay?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Make sure there is an engine in there.

Seriously if you don't know what to check I suggest that you arrange to have the vehicle inspected by your Auto Club (NRMA,RACV, RACQ, RAA etc). They can provide a pre-purchase inspection service. Will thoroughly check vehicle for ANY mechanical or electrical faults etc. Well worth the money - not too expensive. Ring them and check. Failure to do so may result in the purchase of a 'lemon' or something that may have been victim of floods, re-build, write-off etc. Your money - your choice. Good luck.

adamcawood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Where are the drain holes I noticed my rear passanger foot well was a little wet a while ago after washing car ?

No eye deer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
My suggestion? CHECK the cooling system FIRST. Dont look at ANYTHING before!! Cooling system. That is all. :)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Check under oil fill cap for any gunk or sludge , the Alloytec's are known to be sludge monsters , ask for service history as well , if there are some gaps in servicing , be a bit wary of that . But most of all , if you do get one SERVICE IT EVERY 5000 KM'S , or I will put a hex on you . ;):p