Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what type of commodore do i have???!!!

A

azza SL/E

i have just been given a V8 commodore its a silver SL/E that has been half stripped it has maroon interior,trip computer,cruise control and electric windows but as is half stripped i wouldnt know if its a vb,vc or vh???
any info would be appreciated?

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Do you know where your VIN number is? Tell us that and we can tell you lots about your car.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
The first commodore with a trip computer was the VH. So unless it's been retrofitted to an earlier model there's your answer. From my reading of it that's a big job and unlikely to have been done.

Has it still got it's build plate? Like MarzVP said that will give you a definitive answer.

nsladden

GET UTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Holden VP Ute S 5.0L & 1989 Holden VN 5sp Wag
What Year Model Is It??

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
azza SL/E said:
i have just been given a V8 commodore its a silver SL/E that has been half stripped it has maroon interior,trip computer,cruise control and electric windows but as is half stripped i wouldnt know if its a vb,vc or vh???
any info would be appreciated?
It would be a VH SLE. They were the only ones to have a plush Maroon interior and a Trip Computer.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
HSVKEV260R8 said:
It would be a VH SLE. They were the only ones to have a plush Maroon interior and a Trip Computer.

You could get a plush maroon interior in VB. Agree on the trip comp.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
The deep red interior in VB SLEs is called Carmine, the VH has a darker shade, very close to maroon.

V

v-car

1980 VC holden released 50 vc sl/e's with trip computers,,late 1981,,,,field research. Data made way to VH's. How good if 1 had a example!