Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what tyres do u suggest?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Sorry Wortus for the abrupt reply above, but I just had to change my radiator.....
Like stated, Nov 07, not sure how many k's, the buggers never noted the milage on the docket, but I average 20,000 k's annually, so probably had 60,000 out of them, with another 10-20,000 k's left. I have found them to be the best wearing tyre I've had. Once had Good Year and I reckon they call em good year, cos if you're lucky you may get a "good year" out of them and then they're stuffed!

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
I've got a set of marangoni tyres on my wagon now for the past 20000kms & there fantastic. Silent, great grip in the wet, hardwearing, don't cost the earth but not all stores hold stock. Speak to Jared in the sponsors section of the forums for more info, he's great to deal with.

ADR 40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina..... VEII Equipe Sportswagon
G'day Glenny, and G'day to all.... new here.

As mentioned Toyo make a good honest tyre, you won’t be disappointed with them, it’s quite common to get 60k+ out of a set TEO Plus.
Another good tyre that has been getting great reviews is the Yokohama A-Drive R1, which is their budget performance tyre and has been pulling some high mileages.
A mate has been running tyres called Zetum Sport on his XR6, at first I thought he had lost the plot, but... they’re pretty good.
Tyre wear seems good so far (drives rural) and they do all the nice things well in all the bad conditions. They’re made by Kumho (KU37?) and he got them at Bob Jane.

I saw your post about the Accelera tyres
If there is any advice anyone can give regarding tyres, steer clear of the unknown brands (especially coming out of Asia), they’re not worth the risk.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
I've been using Nankangs and find them to be great. Last long enough and heaps of grip, especially in the wet... BUT.... there's heaps of road noise. Would love to reduce the road noise! I think I'll take some of the suggestions in this thread into account the next time I replace my tyres.

mdmatt

mdmatt
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 LS1 Auto VZ SSZ 328.6rwhp
I have continental contisport 2's 20" on my SS.. but they were $400 a tyre ;x awesome tyres if you can afford.