Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you do with $10,000 ?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Don't borrow money unless it's to be used for making money. It will keep you poor for years and years. And don't spend money on a V6 the go fast value per dollar just isn't there not if you want to do it legally anyway. Wait till you get off those P's and buy a LS1. They will be well under 10 grand by then then you can spend 1000 bucks on it and go faster than 10 grand would have made your V6 go

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Don't borrow money unless it's to be used for making money. It will keep you poor for years and years. And don't spend money on a V6 the go fast value per dollar just isn't there not if you want to do it legally anyway. Wait till you get off those P's and buy a LS1. They will be well under 10 grand by then then you can spend 1000 bucks on it and go faster than 10 grand would have made your V6 go
My point exactly. Where is this kids parents to set him straight.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Like i said in my first post i wouldnt suggest spending money on a car of that magnitude anyways. Might seem like a squarehead but i only just turned 18 and for every $1 i spend on my car i invest $1 as well. even if you save that $10,000 for a few years and then spend it on something with better resale, its so much better than doing up a VS.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
u gotta think at the end of the day if u borrow that 10gs it will end up costing u abit more then 15gs becasue of interest...and thats if u pay more then u should..

if u had 10 grand cash that was yours u saved.... i would go and spend 5g on a vs calais and go buy a nice set of wheels and a stezza

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
First of all, im not a kid, im actually 25 lol, im on my P's cause i never needed a car and therefore never needed a licence, im a bit slow.

next, i appreciate everyone giving me advice on what to do, but your barking up the wrong tree lol. im going to spend my money how i want no matter what anyone says.

as for V8, dont want one end of story, im not after 1000 HP machine, im also not after something that rumbles along the highway with a deep moan that gives me a headache and chews more fuel than i care to put in it. dont get me wrong i love the sound of a V8 and i love the power of it, but at this point in time i can only drive a V6 and i only want a V6.

the point of this topic was to give me some ideas, maybe things i hadnt thought of as far as spending money on my car goes, so hows about just helping me with some pointers there?

the sort of advice im looking for would be "a V6 just doesnt give the HP per $ that a V8 does, so if your going to stick with a V6 your best to just stick to bolt on mods like an exhaust, CAI and things like that, spend a few bucks to tidy up the outside then deckout the interior for a realy tidy ride"

and as far as borrowing money keeping me poor for years, not likely, i make more money than i know what to do with, but im horrible at saving, so i save in the reverse way, borrow money so i have it now pay it back later. as for interest, doesnt bother me.

as for the 2 door idea, its funny, i was sitting next to my car the other day wondering what would a VS look like if it was converted into a 2door convertable lol. not something id do any time soon.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
First of all, im not a kid, im actually 25 lol, im on my P's cause i never needed a car and therefore never needed a licence, im a bit slow.

next, i appreciate everyone giving me advice on what to do, but your barking up the wrong tree lol. im going to spend my money how i want no matter what anyone says.

If you don't like the answer then why ask the question???????

Reaper

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Keep the VS, drop in a japanese motor, maybe Nissan RB26DETT or Toyota 2JZ-GTE, I have no idea how much that would cost so I'll just assume there's nothing left over.. at least it'd be unique!

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I agree with others who would invest it. Yeah its nice to have a flash looking car but every time you spend $1 on it you lose 99c in market value. Well not exactly but the point is cars cost you money they dont earn you money. Spend 10G on a deposit for house or something like that. Never spend borrowed money on cars. you lose your money spent on interest + the huge value loss of the car, no matter what type of car it is. Just like you though i could not be told, I learnt the hard way. TRUST ME BEEN THERE DONE THAT. At most just get mags and maybe lowered and stereo. Bodykits are crap especially after market fibre-glass ones, one rock and they crack.

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
is there anything wrong with your car? if its reliable and starts for you all the time, theres no need to be in $10,000 debt, keep your car, save your money and buy a car with cash = NO INTEREST. i took out a loan because i was sick of going out in the morning thinking "please start" only to have to get a lift or bus it into work because my piece of **** didnt run.