Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's a vl really worth

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
WTF.....!!!!! damn no wonder i dont see many driving around now
I went looking for a V8 VL a couple of years ago, but gave up because of what people want for them, hence I now own a VX SS

People will pay big coin for a good one, hell, people will pay big coin for a rolling shell to build up a drag car or weekend cruiser

I believe they are one of the most desirable classic Commodores ever made

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I went looking for a V8 VL a couple of years ago, but gave up because of what people want for them, hence I now own a VX SS

People will pay big coin for a good one, hell, people will pay big coin for a rolling shell to build up a drag car or weekend cruiser

I believe they are one of the most desirable classic Commodores ever made
i did have a nice VL back in the day and have always liked them if i was going to do an old car up it would be one of them (or maby not now at that price) back before i got my GTS i was looking at the VZ SV6000 was a few nice ones just over 30k then in the next 6 months i was looking around they just went up and up and i havnt seen any since but only 42 made i think so they will be in sheds somewhere now, crazy times i almost wish i didnt mod my GTS but then i wouldnt be having all the fun with it so in the end i dont care im doing mods i always wanted to do and only dreamed about when i was a teen so that makes it all worth it its built to be driven... (well when im finished modding it) :D

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mate you would have to be crazy to let it go for that cheap if I had the money I would give 20k no problem and I wouldn't even be telling you this honestly if I had the money and a mate of mine has a shop which he does gear boxes and mechanical work his mate just brought a VL BERLINA 55K NO JOKE and all the work you say have done WOW people are asking 10-15k for a executive and there in terrible condition so I wouldn't even be thinking of selling for now I've got a VY CALAIS LS1 and just been resprayed and 94 R33 SKYLINE witch has a lot of work done to it and I've been offered 45k for it so what will it be worth in 5-10 years from now vl is exactly in the same market and the RB-25 AND RB-30 best motor ever built and just remember THERE Will NEVR Ever BE ANOTHER COMMODORE MADE AGAIN

Wonder if he did sell it 3 years ago, with his post? :rolleyes:

Add in, he hasn't been on since 23/5/2020, so wonder if he pops his head back in to let us know what he got if he did sell it

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
LOL, damn it

He my be kicking himself now

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
most of my searching is on the ''new posts'' so i rarely notice if a thread is old, we need a block for newbies replying to old threads or at least a warning saying ''hasnt been responded to in over 12 months are u sure u want to post'' or something

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Wouldn't mind a VL Turbo but the prices on these are ridiculous for what you get...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I owned a VL one up from base model and TBH I would never want another. People like them but IDK why. IMHO they were not anything special, not the cheaper models anyway.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I owned a VL one up from base model and TBH I would never want another. People like them but IDK why. IMHO they were not anything special, not the cheaper models anyway.
Yeah they're really nothing special... The engines and nostalgic appeal are great but they aren't worth 20k for a clapped out Executive...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah they're really nothing special... The engines and nostalgic appeal are great but they aren't worth 20k for a clapped out Executive...

But they don't make them anymore, so they got to be. :D :D

Joking