Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats FUSION Like????

Status
Not open for further replies.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
usually try to port of the same side as the driver. generally it will give the least cancelation.

goldencommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Commodore
i have got

6.5" powerplants front
6" powerplants rear
12" powerplant sub
alpine headuint
response 800rms mono amp

sound awesome to me. pumps hard aye. and all the speakers r like 2 years old and still perfect. the sub is a little bit quieter, might be my box but im soon to make a new box.

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Well am getting some new stezza gear, got a great deal on some stuff.

2x Fusion 12", 1200watt dual voice coil, heavy duty Powerplant subs. PPSW12H (rrp $340each)
1x Fusion 2channel 1000w amp. NVAM10002 (rrp $499)
All up it came to $1180. But lucky me is only paying $550 that a big discount of $630.

Now its time to draw up a custom boot design and get it made up only got 8 weeks till its all payed for.

is that amp for running the subs? they arent a good match at all :(

Silver surfer

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Executive
yer it is and there is no issue with them at all sounds great

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
um well its a 400Wrms sub getting 180Wrms @4ohms from the amp........
so yeeeeah..... no probs there.
also its a class al amp powering subs, generally draws a bit more current than a class d, say 20-30%
i think he was more refering to the subs getting under half of their quoted power though.

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
um well its a 400Wrms sub getting 180Wrms @4ohms from the amp........
so yeeeeah..... no probs there.
also its a class ab amp powering subs, generally draws a bit more current than a class d, say 20-30%
i think he was more refering to the subs getting under half of their quoted power though.

Spot on Garth, The fact is while the amp will do the job, you were sold an amp that isnt ideal for your 2 subs - it doesnt have the balls necessary and your system is well within its potential. Try running one of those subs off the amp (in app enclosure) - it'll be just as loud as the both :)

yer it is and there is no issue with them at all sounds great

I'll just tell a leetle story here. Now i dont know what setups you've heard, but when i first ventured into car audio, i had a pioneer 306C running off a bridged audiobahn 2 channel - i thought it was great! Then i upgraded to a dedicated sub amp, the alpine MRD605. My friends thought i had upgraded to a new sub the difference was that substantial. then i got a T1 RF and gave the old gear to my brother who doesnt know any better lol you get my point?

This is an advice thread, please dont feel like im having a go at you, im not, but your deal wasnt that great when you think about. But as we say over and over: your money, your ears, your car = if your happy then who cares what i think! peace and love

Silver surfer

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Executive
well buddy staying all fusion and not spending a rediculous amount of money no matter wat amp you have you will never get the the full amount of power out of 2 subs, yes this is an advice thread and I simply told old mate what I had and thought of it, bacause the thread title whats FUSION Like???? is now for you to come out and have a stab saying that it is crap and no good, isn't very helpfull at all to anyone.

I think i will have to go with what a Fusion Rep had to say rather then somebody behind a user name.

Thanks

Last edited:

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
well buddy staying all fusion and not spending a rediculous amount of money no matter wat amp you have you will never get the the full amount of power out of 2 subs, yes this is an advice thread and I simply told old mate what I had and thought of it, bacause the thread title whats FUSION Like???? is now for you to come out and have a stab saying that it is crap and no good, isn't very helpfull at all to anyone.

I think i will have to go with what a Fusion Rep had to say rather then somebody behind a user name.

Thanks

Whatever man. Listen to the FUSION REP, he's not bias at all is he??????

And if you bothered to read my post then you would see that all i said was that your amp and subs arent a good match. I never said that it is crap and no good, although i personally wouldnt use it. And here you are getting upset because I come here and tell you THE FACTS - that is, your amp is not a good match for your subs! And yes, having a stab is helpful to the issue - your telling me how great your system is and im telling you its cause you dont know any better (and you've done nothing to change that opinion with your irrational response)

To the OP: fusion is ok. Nothing great, just dont go listening to salesmen or blind consumers who dont know **** from clay and are in denial that they got sold by the fusion rep :)

NB: i should that i am in no way affiliated with any manufacturer/install shop/store in the industry. I run a boston/pioneer/Rockford fosgate/Digital Design system - i have no bias whatsoever that isnt based on my own opinion.

Silver surfer

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Executive
well buddy in responce to that I have been through 3 or 4 stereos set ups all using different brands and in 3 different cars, and this is the best setup I have found.

NB: i should that i am in no way affiliated with any manufacturer/install shop/store in the industry. I have run Fusion, Jvc, Cadence, sony,kicker,boston and Kenwood- i have no bias whatsoever that isnt based on my own opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.