Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats my car worth?

Subway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Senator 5.0
Hello all

I am thinking it may be time to upgrade! I was curious to know what people think I'd get for my car. How much I can actually get for it will determine what I can afford for my next or whether it is even worth selling it.

The car is;

1997 VS11 HSV Senator 185i

114,000 Klms, Heron White. Automatic, Full Factory Leather option.

The paint isn't immaculate, I'd give it 3 out of 5. Interior is pretty good for the age (4 out of 5). Just fully serviced by Zupps HSV. New front tyres. All faults reported were repaired so it's in perfect running order.

Having a quick look at Carsales, the prices seem to vary quite a bit! From $12,000 - $26,000.

I figured the experts on here would have a better idea on the 'real' value.

Thanks very much,

Subway

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
ud probably get around the 12 to 15k... i wouldnt hope for anything more.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
ud probably get around the 12 to 15k... i wouldnt hope for anything more.
Pretty good call there, I would say in the same market since its only a 185i model. If it was a 215i on the other hand you could ask for more.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Id expect that you would get somewhere around the $13,000 to $14,000 mark.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Is it just me or are these "How much is my car worth" threads suspiciously like a for sale ad? They only seem to be put up by people with a low post count.

Subway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Senator 5.0
I am more of a reader then a poster. That's why I have a low post count.

If it was a for sale ad I would have put it there.

I was just after a realistic figure of what I would be looking at. I have found what Redbook and Carsales say as values to be not accurate. I thought this would be the best place to ask as I have had some great advice here before and I know the people here know their stuff.

And I don't think it will be for sale. For $12-15k I think I may just keep it. I have spent $2k on it in the last few months. It's in great conditon now. I was thinking of getting a Caprice for around the $25k area. But I didn't want to have to spend more then $10k cash (After selling the Senator).

I thought it may have been worth abit more, a friend sold their VS11 Manta for $16k last year. And it had more k's then my car. But it was a manual so their is always more demand for those.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys!

Subway

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
A kid on here sold his immaculate VS senator the other day, it was fairly low km and mint. Would be one of the best you would find and he really struggled to sell it for 16k. Not sure what he got for it in the end

Subway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Senator 5.0
A kid on here sold his immaculate VS senator the other day, it was fairly low km and mint. Would be one of the best you would find and he really struggled to sell it for 16k. Not sure what he got for it in the end

Wow, is that all. That's depressing! I wouldn't mind buying an immaculate Senator for that price! I could always use 2. hehe

I'd say my friend did pretty well getting $16k for the Manta.

Thanks again Guys,

Subway

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
cheers greeny

yeah i sold my 97 vs series 2 senator the other week. i got 13k with 18" vy ss rims with good rubber all round and the original rims in the boot with good rubber. mine was optioned with leather like yours, level ride rear suspension etc etc and it was mint, and i mean mint. paint was 9.5/10, trim was 9/10 (light surface cracks to leather, with leather treatment would be gone), mechanically was 10/10. was a lovely car. i had spent thousands mantaining it recently been a mechanic etc etc. i loved the car.

i imagine on standard rims with fairly average paint you'd be looking 12 and under without seeing it mate, they're easy to put a price on as people tell u they're worth so much, but not so easy to sell.

with fuel like it is, and been an auto and all that they're very hard to sell. i surgest you keep it. they've got to the stage where they're a hell of a lot of car for not a lot of money.