Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats my car worth?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 5.7
You would struggle to get anymore than 15K. You can get a series 2 vt ss for not much more and with more power. It is sad fact but goodluck in selling.

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
5 litre vt ss like yours doesn't have more power? 185 kw from the vs compared to 179kw i think it is from a 5 litre vt ss. thats not important anyhow, a vt ss is **** compared to a vs senator. vt ss is basically an exec with a v8 and different seats and **** all more. i wouldn't buy a vt ss over a vs senator, thats for sure.

must add too, i see just now you say series 2 (i.e gen 3) missed that at the start. still who would want a early gen 3 car. i'm yet to see one of the early gen 3's that doesn't rattle like a bucket of bolts and use a ****load of oil. its true u could get either car for around the same money, but i know which one is a better car.

Subway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Senator 5.0
cheers greeny

yeah i sold my 97 vs series 2 senator the other week. i got 13k with 18" vy ss rims with good rubber all round and the original rims in the boot with good rubber. mine was optioned with leather like yours, level ride rear suspension etc etc and it was mint, and i mean mint. paint was 9.5/10, trim was 9/10 (light surface cracks to leather, with leather treatment would be gone), mechanically was 10/10. was a lovely car. i had spent thousands mantaining it recently been a mechanic etc etc. i loved the car.

i imagine on standard rims with fairly average paint you'd be looking 12 and under without seeing it mate, they're easy to put a price on as people tell u they're worth so much, but not so easy to sell.

with fuel like it is, and been an auto and all that they're very hard to sell. i surgest you keep it. they've got to the stage where they're a hell of a lot of car for not a lot of money.

Wow, I am shocked that is all you got for yours. Sounds far superior to mine. Do you think you could have got more? eg. Did you sell to the first person to make an offer...

Just curious, wasn't the level ride rear suspension standard for Senators?

After hearing what price you got I am glad I am hanging on to it. With the high price of petrol I tend to drive the Mrs's Corolla more now. It's a pity the insurance is such a killer, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a cost to keep it and just drive it a few times a week....

It may actually be worthwhile selling in the furture if I keep the k's low!

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
hmmm never knew that a vt series 2 had 185 kw? seeming its not even a 5l.

Subway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Senator 5.0
I think he was referring to 185kw from the VS Senator...

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
sorry mate, forgot tocheck this thread again. honestly these things are dead to the world to try and sell. i had mine on the market for a matter of months on vx gts 19"s, looked an absolute stunner. eventually i got sick of the tyre kickers, and when fuel rose even more i got no tyre kickers from then on even. i had my at my perents dealership for sale with 19's, fully maintained in immaculate 95% mint condition (very good for its age, possibly the best i had seen since i seen a brand new one) for 15k i think it was, fully roadworthied, drive away (which meant u would be paying about 14400 for the car, and the rest was government charges) finally i dropped the 19"s and put vy ss rims on and dropped the price to 13k. i honestly beleive with how the market was, i was lucky to even get that.

a mate of mine had a vr senator, which admitably was a little rough in canterbury blue 5 litre 5 speed (factory original job) and it had standard 17"s and just velour interior. he ended up selling his a few weeks ago for the little sum of only 5500, it was un registered and hence didn't include a roadworthy. but if u spent 2500 of the whole car, would be very tidy all registered and roadworthy. so that works out he got 8000 for a manual vr!!!!!

seriously mate, keep the car if you've got the space too, and can afford too. the money i got for my car is nothing really when u consider everything it had (cheap motoring). but i just simply needed to move on, too many cars and not enough space. i couldn't justify the money for reg and insurance each year, when it would hardly get used cause i had too many other cars. the money wasn't the issue.