Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the best way to fix auto leak from outlet pipe thread (with pic)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
You could go to a proper Auto Trans place and get them to bend you up some proper metal pipes? No idea what it would cost but it should get The problem sorted out quick.

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
True - it probably does make the most sense. i have been enjoying looking in to the issue and coming up with solutions but they could probably fix it in an hour vs a week of mucking around for me

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I can't see how you could ever swap the factory fitted trans cooler hard-lines with the engine still in the car.

Try hydraulic shops like enzed or pirtek for fittings.

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
Yeah after mucking around with it for a few days I agree with you completely. Im sure it could be possible but its pretty difficult.

My main issue is the leak coming out of the auto and for the life of me I cant adjust the line to get the leak to stop so Ive bitten the bullet and booked it in at my local auto place for next week to fix that.

I'll ask them what they can do to remove the rubber hose above the exhaust too but worst case I can do what you mention and go down to enzed and get some hardline fittings to replace the hose.

Last edited:

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
Just to close this one out - I took it to an auto place today and they were a bit unhappy to see another auto with the trans hardlines cut and rubber hose put in its place. They said while they dont like to see it, it should hold up fine and ill just have to keep my smell senses about me because that will be the first sign there could be auto leaking on to the exhaust headers. They said to keep some extra hose in my glove box and just check it out with each service to make sure the hoses are intact.

They didnt feel like the hose would just pop off the cut off hardline ends with the double clamps done up tight under pressure at all so that was reassuring to hear.

To fix the leak they had to lower the auto a little while up on a hoist and used their tools to align and tighten the flare nut and the actual input nut connection too. They did that for $40 so cant complain with that at all

Got them to service the auto while they had it too and it was running very nicely on the way home.

Guess ill have to live with the rubber hose for now because even the auto mechanics said its extremely difficult even for them to replace the entire hardline cooler lines while the engine and auto are in the car. To even replace the cooler lines with braided requires dropping the auto in order to have proper access to the input/output connections so ill have to think if i want to take that job on at home or not.

Thanks for all the advice above
Cheers

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Good to hear you got it sorted mate. If I had to go through it again, I'd buy the braided hose and AN fittings. But like you, I was in a hurry to get my car back on the road so didn't have the time to order things in.