Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the car worth in terms of insurance?

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 sv6 Spotrswagon
Hi all. Im looking at renewing my policy. Ive kept the car at market value ,but now want to change it to agreed value? Its a Dec2010 sv6 wags with just over 19k on the clock. No mods apart from tinted windows and its got leather interior. Only damage is a mark on the drivers door that some tosser put on it whilst opening his door in a supermarket car park. So 50k sound good? :spot on: LoL. Nah just kidding. I was thinking maybe high $30's. Any suggestions? Cheers guys.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
22-27k Insurance will value it at.

WELSHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE 6lt SS Ute
i have an 08 SS ute with 92k on the clock and my insurance has agreed value of 34k, only mods is rims and few leather interior peices. i figure i want to be able to get a decent ammount to replace it with a new car if its gone.

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
I've got a 2010 sv6 insured for $32500 agreed value with shannons

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
I would be wary of agreed value, let's say you agree value of a certain amount and your car goes down in value over the term of insurance. Now your car gets written off and you get a payout, do you think your insurance company is going to give you more than what your car is worth. This could be classed as insurance fraud by your insurance company.

I was told this advice when getting insurance a few years ago. Just something to think about

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
If the car is DEC 2010 in excellent condition, with those low Kms, I would be seeking 30000 -32000 agreed value if it were my car. To sell privately that is what you would realistically get for it (and much less for a trade in on a new car.) Take into account what you car will be worth in 9 months time when the cover is still running - less than now.
(AS a reality check also have a look at what Holden is selling their 2012 cars for currently.) Home - Holden. Go better.

You need to look at the amount of premium you will be paying for the level of cover you are getting. In any event the Insurance company will have an upper limit on the agreed value they will offer you regardless of the premium hit.

You just need to shop around a bit for the best deal you can get with a reliable company taking acoount of the value level and annual premium you are paying for that.

Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
I just bought a May 2012 SSV Redline manual for 49,700....AAMI valued the car at 52,500 for insurance
Go onto their website and just punch in the details for your car champ...up she comes with a figure.....:surprise:

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 sv6 Spotrswagon
thanks for the advice guys. there is always pros and cons with every insurance company coz there all dodgy bastards. :) but i will shop around and make sure i read terms and conditions VERY closely.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
They usually apply depreciation on the agreed value from when you took the policy out