Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats the proper way to spray door jams and bonnet shuts?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i sometimes paint bonnets off, easier masking and you have a start stop point when your painting. depending on the color though, sensitive colors like silver or lightish metallic colors should be painted together, and flow coating done after if you want a wetter look...

vs statesman i did couple weeks back, painted bonnet off, as well as flow coated it....

stato.jpg

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
i sometimes paint bonnets off, easier masking and you have a start stop point when your painting. depending on the color though, sensitive colors like silver or lightish metallic colors should be painted together, and flow coating done after if you want a wetter look...

vs statesman i did couple weeks back, painted bonnet off, as well as flow coated it....

stato.jpg

Love your work Hy Ryder. Is that the same one your detailer scratched up with a gravel filled sponge?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Love your work Hy Ryder. Is that the same one your detailer scratched up with a gravel filled sponge?

thanks man...

yeah lol, #### that detailer is hopeless. i ran some more machine glaze over it before the customer picked it up, fixed 80 percent of them. he walked around the car for 10 minutes then took it. i wiped my brow.... forgot to take pics of it assembled though, whoops... that pic is from a galaxy s...

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Makes my work look pretty sad lol.. in my defence though, I am using acrylic, so I have more work to do. Good things come to those who wait :D

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride

thanks man...

yeah lol, #### that detailer is hopeless. i ran some more machine glaze over it before the customer picked it up, fixed 80 percent of them. he walked around the car for 10 minutes then took it. i wiped my brow.... forgot to take pics of it assembled though, whoops... that pic is from a galaxy s...

What was the color? Looks black, but am I seeing russet pearl on the paper?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Makes my work look pretty sad lol.. in my defence though, I am using acrylic, so I have more work to do. Good things come to those who wait :D

DAKSTER COME TO THE DARK SIDE! lol you just need a refresher, i reckon youd be tits with 2k....

What was the color? Looks black, but am I seeing russet pearl on the paper?

f118 rubens, with solar silver under it... i painted the bars too, they were a hot mess....

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks darker than Rubens in the photo, or that could just be my fkd up eyes.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
its a crap pic under artificial light. when its out in the sun it blings out in a rich maroon burgundy.... has like 2 or 3 pearls in it...