Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats this exhaust?

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
juijni.jpgYeah so I was looking at throwing this exhaust on and the guy who had it swears in was on a vr calais (so a sedan) but someone else who worked at an exhaust shop is saying it could be off a wagon, anyone know for sure? From what ive heard theres a slight difference in length an they can be modded to fit, but the main problem is that apparntly the cat is bigger on the wagon exhaust than the sedan one, so yeah any info would be good, cheers

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
It won't be off a calais since that exhaust is to suit a live axle rear end, not irs. Btw, where is the flange where it bolts to the cat? Looks like it's been cut off...

Between wagon/sedan there's about 10cm that needs to be added between the flange for the cat and the middle muffler

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
It won't be off a calais since that exhaust is to suit a live axle rear end, not irs. Btw, where is the flange where it bolts to the cat? Looks like it's been cut off...

Between wagon/sedan there's about 10cm that needs to be added between the flange for the cat and the middle muffler

yeah thats what I always though but I thought only some vr calais came with irs (I may be confused with berlinas but) and I didnt notice it had been cut I havnt seen it in person, a mate brought it for his vs then the exhaust shop said it was for a vr and was pretty sure it was for a wagon so he sent me the photo to see if I wanted it

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The shape of the tail pipe tells me it's either wagon or ute. Definitely not sedan, and definitely not a VR Calais as they were IRS.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
so would it fit? In another thread I seen that it would fit it just needs to be cut a little

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No....needs to be cut a lot. And the front flange has to be welded back on to fit yours, probably cheaper just to buy a new one. It almost looks like it has been modified to fit a wagon already, it may have started it's life as a sedan exhaust originally, but will need to be cut up and rewelded to fit a sedan.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
yeah all good thanks for that, my whole exhaust is stuffed I was just trying to take the cheap option out

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can do a Manta 2 1/2" cat back with front muffler and tail pipe that will bolt straight up for $229 shipped straight to your door.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
really? Will definitely keep that in mind, the whole deal with the exhaust is its dumped at the diff, it looks like it just has straight pipes from each header that dump just before the diff, on one side it has a cat and the other side doesnt, it was like this when I brought it a few weeks back and I went to an exhaust shop hoping they could maybe just weld it into one then throw on some kind of catback, but they all said itll cost 450+ so I decided to do the at home option, if I can find some cheap headers and throw them on to the cat I might drop you a pm

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Sounds like you'll need a second hand y piece including the cat to get any standard catback (like what Naaf just gave you a price on) to bolt up.