Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's your fuel consumption?

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
basic cam head shave/cleanup springs tune 304 rebuild 10L/100 average over all driving conditions no closed loop in tune.somethings wrong if youre getting 22l/100
Yeah my heavy foot is the problem lol, I filled up today and got 15L/100 with city and highway driving. Still giving it a bit of a squirt so potentially I can get better economy if I try.

ricopter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Series II Commodore Ute
First time I drove my VE series II ute from Newcastle to Canberra, I got 6.9 L/100 between newcastle and sydney doing 100km/h. Mind you, I have never got that since, and now I usually get around 8 L/100. (probably due to the fact that I do floor it a bit)

Always try and put in the premium, but yeah, defs better than my old car which was 400 kms to a tank. Loving the ute.

calobes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
When I'm being a nanna cause the average fuel scares my wallet, I get 8-9 highway and around 14 town

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I have had my VE SS down to 8.1/100km on the highway and around 13 around town.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I have had my VE SS down to 8.1/100km on the highway and around 13 around town.

Yeah same. At times gets down to steady low 7's on highway with own tune, putting loads more compression in and variable valve timing plus some more efficient stuff so think is possible that I can shift that down to low 6's and highway average somewhere in the 7's.

The around town bit can vary wildly for me, I have no idea how to compare with others. General off-highway driving is around 14, not worried if gets to 22 really coz I know how it was burned! I live at the beach (sea level, good air), you can see the small hills coming, then traveling to work is all highway, work is rolling hills long flat roads (vineyards), so is possible to putt around in Eco granny mode when off highway - 11 to 12s.

Last edited:

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
I get around 9.5L/100 on the highway and anywhere from 12L/100 to 17L/100 around town depending on traffic and how hard im driving it. I Envy people that can get below 9L/100 on the highway, since my tune and getting AFM deactivated im lucky to get my 9.5L/100 average on the freeway, i was getting mid 8"s when stock. All my results are confirmed at the pump.

Last edited:

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Yeah same. At times gets down to steady low 7's on highway with own tune, putting loads more compression in and variable valve timing plus some more efficient stuff so think is possible that I can shift that down to low 6's and highway average somewhere in the 7's.

The around town bit can vary wildly for me, I have no idea how to compare with others. General off-highway driving is around 14, not worried if gets to 22 really coz I know how it was burned! I live at the beach (sea level, good air), you can see the small hills coming, then traveling to work is all highway, work is rolling hills long flat roads (vineyards), so is possible to putt around in Eco granny mode when off highway - 11 to 12s.

Wow, im still trying to crack something in the 7's, even 7.9 would be awesome. I just don't think I will get it though. not with my current tune, I have experimented and I literally cannot drive any more light footed lol. The 8.1 I got was on the stock tune. Since I have had the car tuned the best I can get is 8.9 highway, but I have hardly noticed any difference as I still manage the same amount of K's out of a full tank as when the tune was stock. Low 6's is crazy but I guess its possible, keen to hear how it goes when you complete your project.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
When I first got my VX Berlina Wagon on the highway i'd be getting around 14, On LPG i'd get pretty much the exact same. Since I got a tune it has dropped to 8.5 to 11 with petrol on the highway, and around 9 - 12 with LPG on the highway.

In town with combined LPG/Petrol use it's around 14-16.

Although I feel that the readout is a little off so highway is probably more around 11 - 13 max.
I am actually doing a 5000km round trip at the moment and haven't reset anything since I left so will be interesting to see the fuel results, at the moment (half way) its just over 11.