Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel Bearing Noise?

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
so what would you say the soultion would be?..could it be a warped rotor? because with my noise its a squeak-squeak in intervals, the faster i go the quicker the interval of squeaks are. does it look like new rotors for me?

Ridah, it sounds like it could be warped...it is very easy to do...going through a puddle when they are hot or doing excessive burnouts will do it. Or maybe its the pad, but I doubt it...

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Yep looks like new rotors for you but you can just get them machined if there is enough thickness in them.

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
yeah, i asked the guy down at the tyre shop if i could get em machined, he said he could do it but i may aswell get new ones because he said theres barely any meat left on the rotors. any-1 know what the minium thickness of the rear rotors on a VS should be?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Rear disc min thickness is 8.5mm. I just bought new front discs for under $70 ea and the rears are cheaper - this can be a lot less hassle than getting them skimmed and is done at your convenience.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
yeah, i asked the guy down at the tyre shop if i could get em machined, he said he could do it but i may aswell get new ones because he said theres barely any meat left on the rotors. any-1 know what the minium thickness of the rear rotors on a VS should be?

Yeah I got my new ones late last year. There was a tiny bit of meat left on them but I thought I may as well get newys...
But if they are warped there isn't much hope for success getting them skimmed. You should get some new ones anyway if they are down...

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
They also tend to warp easily if they are too thin.

vsspack

King of the Mang
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Mang Machine
my rear brakes have teis same squeak too, ive had the disks machined and will pull apart my calipers on the weekend and see if anyhting is stikcing. has anyone fixed this yet

FuzzayD

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Executive 3.8i
had the same problem, fixed it by locking rear wheels and doing a big ass skid.

Daily Driver

6,500 o.n.o
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
id check that where the calliper is mounted is not loose or warn creating movement. id also check how warped and warn the rotor is because they get a lip on the outer of the rotor which the pad may rub or grab when the wheel is turned

vsspack

King of the Mang
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Mang Machine
yeh well had the disks machined so they are all good but i will have to check out the calipers tomorrow