Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheels

dan76

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss \ vp ute
Morning all was thinking about putting 20's on my ve SS my question is will this effect the ride heaps or should I just stay with the 18's as it rides nice thanks

car_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
18's are the best size for performance and ride, anything bigger starts to effect handling and comfort. Gotta remember the tyres are part of the suspension system.
20's look good, in some people's opinion, but it will make the car harsher to drive.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
20s on VEs have a 35 series profile tyre. I find the provide a great ride but have only had 20s on my car as they were stock standard on HSVs so the performance must be good

dan76

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss \ vp ute
Thanks guys I've been looking for wheels for some time now I think I might stick with 18's worst part is picking a wheel that looks good

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
I think everybody will have a different opinion on the matter. I don't mind my 20s but they were already on the car when I got it so couldn't really say how they compare to 18s.
Some people also prefer firmer rides (I'm part of them).

car_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I think everybody will have a different opinion on the matter. I don't mind my 20s but they were already on the car when I got it so couldn't really say how they compare to 18s.
Some people also prefer firmer rides (I'm part of them).

So what you're saying is you really don't know... not very helpful response there...

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Read my previous posts and STFU

Yeah, we've got a winner here.
I read your post and saying 20s will be harsher than 18s is not really helpful either (the OP figured that out in the question itself).

I was trying to illustrate how harsh it can get, and by saying that I find the ride still very much acceptable on 20s, I think I somehow contributed to this thread.

Now, if your single neuron is not capable of comprehending that, there's nothing I can do about it and insulting people won't help grow another one.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Thanks guys I've been looking for wheels for some time now I think I might stick with 18's worst part is picking a wheel that looks good

Koya make an 18 that fits over big brakes. In many colours. Ignore the tires below, they are 29" high.
wT6s9f.jpg