Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to buy front strut dust boots

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Personally, I would have been too embarrassed to post dusty pictures like you have (but that's just me). I would have given everything a spray of detergent, water rinse and dry before posting. The pictures remind me of the how parts look when you purchase them online from the wreckers. Basically, if they can't send you a clean product, how in the hell can you be confident that the part will actually work. Claims of having been tested are usually BS.

Sandst4rm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Calais Ecotec - VP Ute 3800
Wait till he finds out what happens when you drive 1 week with clean parts hahaha.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Ahhh I see the issue now, cheers for the photos bro. The bloke who owned the car before me had replaced the boot himself and used the complete wrong one for starters and just had it sitting like this over the rod, not sure what he’s done with the metal ring but I’ll have to see if I can find one either at a wreckers or online
Apologies as I realise this thread is a few months old, but just wanted to comment on the pic. This type of dust boot is commonly supplied by the Urethane companies to clip onto the urethane bump stops. They don't emphasize the cable tying rubber ones as this will still stop dust, water etc entering onto the shaft. Problem is we look at it jacked up with wheel dropped. When under load this boot covers it up and shouldn't tear as easily as the old rubber ones. Some say it falls off, but will still do its job. I have changed out some on euro and asian vehicles and some just have a hard plastic sleeve. But I can understand why people feel more comfortable with the older style.