Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where to mount amps

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
you can avoid mounting it on the sub box, I see a lot of people who mount it to the metalguard on the back of the backseats which would be the best option IMO

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
you can avoid mounting it on the sub box, I see a lot of people who mount it to the metalguard on the back of the backseats which would be the best option IMO

apparently on the box is one of the worst places you can mount it, because of the constant bass and rattling of the sub it can eventually cause it damage..... but like i said "apparently" so i dont know personally, you can try and find out:D

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
mine is mounted to the side of the boot on a wooden pannel
i have a pic for your enjoyment Image016.jpg

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
It's been on there almost 2 years, was kicking around my brother's boot for years before that. The inside is all shock mounted and there's rubber grommetts between the box and amp. Works beautifully. Pumps too...

If a cabinet is properly constructed you have nothing to worry about. Cabs shouldn't vibrate, the sub and the air around them should.

dmitch

DonkeySS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2
i did a stereo on a hatchback for my missus last weekend and i mounted the amp on the back seat.. so all she has to do 2 get to the spare wheel is undo 6 screws and pull 2 wires.. easy as..

mischf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2
apparently on the box is one of the worst places you can mount it, because of the constant bass and rattling of the sub it can eventually cause it damage..... but like i said "apparently" so i dont know personally, you can try and find out:D

Actually a sub box won't vibrate unless you use 1/4 inch MDF or something stupid like that.