Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to run wires through firewall?

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yo I'm trying to find a place on my VE SV6 to run some small wires through. I've had a look in the engine bay an seen where some other looms have gone in but I don't wanna touch them. The wires need to go to the center console/ under driver seat area, so where the easiest grommet to access

Thanks

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Could use the hole for the clutch master cylinder (assuming its auto). Easier to just go through with the other wires on the passenger side though

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Nah I got manual, where's the passé her side grommets?? They heaps easier?

I took a grommet that was by itself out on the drivers side right under the wiper motor, I don't know where it goes, I'll try find it but if passenger side is easier then I'll have a look where??

Thanks

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
use the grommett above the steering column next to the brake booster.thats what i used to run wires to the console.

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
got it anyways, the grommet under the wiper motor goes straight through to the top of the accelerator pedal, just running it under carpet/trim

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I also need to get power when the ignition is turned on. Which part of the loom is best to tap into for this? easier to open the fusebox with multimeter/test lamp and find an ignitionon wire and connect it to that? just didnt want to draw too much current out of one lead and keep blowin fuses. CHEEEEEEEERS

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
I also need to get power when the ignition is turned on. Which part of the loom is best to tap into for this? easier to open the fusebox with multimeter/test lamp and find an ignitionon wire and connect it to that? just didnt want to draw too much current out of one lead and keep blowin fuses. CHEEEEEEEERS

use the spare plug for the cigarette lighter on the right hand side at the front under the console top.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Guys, how about the easiest place under the dash to source a permanent battery +ve wire?

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
could u be more specific?? i dont know wat u mean bro

use the spare plug for the cigarette lighter on the right hand side at the front under the console top.