Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which dog?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i'm planning to get a dog soon, but I'm not sure which type to get. I'm thinking of a German Shepherd. I love Blue Cattle Dogs too. I want to be able to train the dog to guard property and family. Must be good with kids. Not overly destructive. I like medium to large dogs. Good temperment, Loyal, Obedient. I have a large secure yard and a park 1 block away. What do think i should look into getting?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Unless you have a massive yard and heaps and heaps of spare time go with a good security system and a cat.

One thing i hate is the number of dogs cooped up in yards less than half an acre with owners who don't find the couple of hours a day to properly look after them.

Not saying this is you but be sure about it before you do it.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
german shepards are very good dogs, loyal, intellegent etc but get a short haired one.
there are alot of different breeds out there that would suit what youre looking for such as dobermann, rotty's, english mastiffs, french mastiffs ( turner and hooch dog),bullmastiffs, boxers and im sure theres a few more that i cant think of right now.
all the dogs ive mentioned are extremely good with kids if raised right around them.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Going by the title, i thought you were buying a commonwealth dog.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
german shepards are very good dogs, loyal, intellegent etc but get a short haired one.
there are alot of different breeds out there that would suit what youre looking for such as dobermann, rotty's, english mastiffs, french mastiffs ( turner and hooch dog),bullmastiffs, boxers and im sure theres a few more that i cant think of right now.
all the dogs ive mentioned are extremely good with kids if raised right around them.

I don't trust dobermans or rotti's, although i love rottis, with kids. Boxers are too stupid and active for my liking. And i don't want a dog where i have to tip slobber out of my shoes :p

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Doberman...

I've owned one since it was a pup... But you got to know what your doing training them... they are a natural guardian of person and property and are very loyal. In fact they can be too loyal... Don't ever buy one as a fully grown dog, they'll have bonded too much to their owners and they are difficult and aloof and won't listen to you if they ever get away... Just try rounding someones dobbie up and you'll never catch it, even on a lightweight racing pushbike.

Don't believe in all the evil devil nature as they are portrayed as in movies, they are one of the most intelligent, loyal, loving breeds...(to their owners)... if you raise them right.

You should know how to train dogs because they love learning, aswell as knowing what to train them as they can be lethal if you turn them into an aggressive animal.

You couldn't ask for a better guard dog IMO !

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Not so long ago I bought a staffy, very good dog when trained.

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
Staffy FTW!! :D

awesome dog