Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which model to get??

Which holden to get???

• VP

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • VR

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • VS

Votes: 51 44.0%
  • Wildcard

Votes: 13 11.2%

• Total voters

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
VP FTW for any number of reasons. Just drive a VN and VP back to back and you will see what I mean.

Reaper

vr.calais

1993 VR CALAIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CALAIS
i would say that a series 2 vn would be an ok option, VP seems a lil better.. But i own a VR and would say look around see what u can find in the vr :D

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
good to see more and more NZ's fall for the holdens instead of jap crap

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
VP FTW for any number of reasons. Just drive a VN and VP back to back and you will see what I mean.

Reaper

Are we talking solid or irs VP's. I rekcon IRS is great except it seems much more nervious at speed, unless that's just my VP. But anything above 180+ is hair greying in the extreme. Ford drivers say VNs are too nervious I say they dunno what nervious is until they have driven an IRS VP :p

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Are we talking solid or irs VP's. I rekcon IRS is great except it seems much more nervious at speed, unless that's just my VP. But anything above 180+ is hair greying in the extreme. Ford drivers say VNs are too nervious I say they dunno what nervious is until they have driven an IRS VP :p

I think it depends entirely how good/bad your suspension is. Mine is fine at 200. Just ask Stig. Not sure I'd like to be doing that speed in any car with stock flogged out 15+ yo suspension

Reaper

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Hey! mine maybe stock but I've had the local suspension man check it right out and he said everything is perfect nothing to be done :)! Mine would be fine at 200 on a flat road without bumps and more than one lane but there's no such thing where I live :) especailly not a private one inside a farm!:)

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
They're all good I reckon.

I'd probs say, VP or VS, because VP is similar to VN, but more developed, and VS is after VR, very similar, but supposedly better.

But at the end of the day, they're all good. As long as you find one that's been reasonably well looked after you'll be right. :thumbsup: