Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which OBDII reader

2greedy

VP Calais (SSV)
Reaction score
Website
www.designaglo.com
Members Ride
VY SS HBD6speed manual 5.7ltrs of manual GRUNT!!!
Hi guy's
I have a 2004 VY seriesII SS and i purchased a OBDII reader off ebay but the bloody thing won't stay connected! what readers are you guy's using and what software? i want to be able to monitor in realtime.

This is the 1 i bought
ELM327 OBDII OBD2 WiFi Car Diagnostic Wireless Scanner Tool iOS iPhone iPad iPod

digamma

Just Cruisin'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I bought an Autel 419 or 519, can't remember which. It reads codes, monitors all the sensors and can be viewed in real time (only one sensor readout at a time on the screen). Not as comprehensive or customised as I'd have liked. A cabled OBDII cable and software will be better if you want to see lots of live data on a laptop screen, but the scantool is great nonetheless.

But it just paid for itself yesterday when I redid the thermostat on my sv6 and the computer threw a few codes, even dropped the system into Limp Home Mode. Would have been an expensive trip to the mechanic.

2greedy

VP Calais (SSV)
Reaction score
Website
www.designaglo.com
Members Ride
VY SS HBD6speed manual 5.7ltrs of manual GRUNT!!!
Thx digamma
I bought one and can have heaps of gauges using torque lite, but for some reason it won't stay connected to the laptop?

taslucas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim
I bought the same unit as you and got TORQUE PRO. Having an android I was able to get the Bluetooth version. While I was researching I read of problems with the WiFi iPhone versions. It seemed the issue was more a connectivity issue with the phone not the device but sorry I can't remember much more.