Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which of these cars should I buy

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I would also wait for at least an '08 or '09 VE as well.........Any bugs were well sorted by then. The price is now down and there are thousands of them out there.

I would hate to sell my beautiful '09 3.6 VE with low Kms up that runs and drives so well. It's mainly an around town car as such, but we just had a week away up north and back without a bother.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
I thought it was mentioned in a previous post you couldn't drive a v8 yet,if I was wrong then sorry bout that-my bad-lol
either way work out what you want,what your budget is and then choose,you are the one that's going to be driving the car so you have to be happy with what you get-good luck

I didn't realise I couldn't drive V8s.. I get my full license in June, but I really need a car and i'm sick of buying shitty unreliable cars.
I've been looking at these two which I am going to view tonight.

Inb4 EW fords.

2004 XR6 Manual Ford Falcon | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Charles Sturt Area - Athol Park | 1039840745

2005 rare manual XR6 in Black | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Adelaide City - Adelaide CBD | 1040340891

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I realise you may be a bit confused as to what to get and thats fine.
Going buy the responses on here, a lot of people are willing to help you and that's great.
But may be what you should have asked for is opinions, instead of asking;"what should I buy".

It's solely your choice and if you buy a car because someone said, "get this one", you may regret it.
The sole reason to get the car of your choice, is the pleasure it gives you, not the pleasure it gives other's.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
yeh well...I missed the p's issue when posting...and I believe the topic may have digressed to m100's predicament as well re the VE(my bad,think I contributed to that as well..:smoking: )which wasn't on the op's agenda AT ALL hehe

OP..its mid march now,id suggest you wait until you have your full licence then decide what to buy? might be better than buying two 10k cars in a short period of time if you don't like the 6 you buy now.
NUTCRACKER is right tho,your choice alone..most of us are v8 biased so the answer will usually push you this way.May not always be the buyers best choice though...

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
Kingy.. What ya reckon? I'd probably get 3500 for my current vy and buy this v8 vy for 7500, 4k out of my pocket.. Would you do it or just wait for a Ve in a year?

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
In a year I'll be able to afford a VE ss v or Calais V v8 wagon

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
In a year I'll be able to afford a VE ss v or Calais V v8 wagon

Mate if it were me? I would wait and buy either of these you mentioned..better refined,better performance,great standard kit compared to a 10+ yr old car etc etc..few blokes on here are a wrap for the VE wagon's too if its a wagon you seek...

However,it is your choice..i don't know you/your circumstances etc so that's what id do knowing I could afford it and my preference for newer cars and not being a fan at all of having to get cars fixed as I cant do it myself and am not inclined to be bothered anyway lol.

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
Thanks mate I appreciated what your saying. I just dread spending every few months hundreds here and there for a car that is crap. Paint is getting dodgy and I know up for rear shocks, and the front tranny seal has just started leaking etc. It's just to tide me over till next year when I can buy a decent ve. It's hard having a **** car when your a car enthusiast.

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
I can afford that vy now and the ve later, it's just 4k less toward that ve later on.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Who started this thread? Seems like its got the same problem as the plane, been hijacked.