Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which V6 Commodore has the best manual gearbox?

Best manual v6 gearbox?

• Total voters

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Couldn't help but sticky beak :p

Oops just re-read and edited post accordingly but there's a small few anyway :p
yeah they're quite hard to find... got one for 15000 back in march... 2004 vy series 2 with 120,000 on the clock... long story short radiator went and so did the engine... lots of arguing and wall bashing ended up getting an engine with 75000 out of an auto berlina and a new radiator for $250... also got new seals done on the engine (main oil seals and water pump seals) for free
i thought i was being an arsehole till the dealer started getting seriously pissed off with me and then i think i took arsehole to a whole new level lol

2004_VZ_Acclaim

Bonkers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
yeah they're quite hard to find... got one for 15000 back in march... 2004 vy series 2 with 120,000 on the clock... long story short radiator went and so did the engine... lots of arguing and wall bashing ended up getting an engine with 75000 out of an auto berlina and a new radiator for $250... also got new seals done on the engine (main oil seals and water pump seals) for free
i thought i was being an arsehole till the dealer started getting seriously pissed off with me and then i think i took arsehole to a whole new level lol

Haha was about to say that sounded like a good deal till all that happened :p good thing it's sorted.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
gotta love the whine of 1st and 2nd ;) but yes it is very noisy and sometimes when you go put it into 1st gear it clunks which every getrag does.. thought it was just mine till i heard my mates supra do it