Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whirring/Whistling sound from engine after drain/fill radiator

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
Have never done it on the V8 but it's a piece of cake on the V6. Depends if the tensioner is spring loaded or a threaded rod type? Either way easy if you know how.

Ok cheers, I'll have a crack tomorrow

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I'd say that coolant has penetrated into the idler pulleys and inhibited their lubrication. Start by spraying WD40/RP7 (or equivalent) onto the centre of each of the three idler pulleys before you go to the trouble of removing belts. You could also try lightly lubricating the sides of the V-belts with grease. I don't believe that anything you have done would have embedded bits of metal or whatever onto the belts.

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
I'd say that coolant has penetrated into the idler pulleys and inhibited their lubrication. Start by spraying WD40/RP7 (or equivalent) onto the centre of each of the three idler pulleys before you go to the trouble of removing belts. You could also try lightly lubricating the sides of the V-belts with grease. I don't believe that anything you have done would have embedded bits of metal or whatever onto the belts.

I Lubricated the pulleys, seems to have worked for now. Cheers