Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whiteline strut brace how much?

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
i was thinking of buying a whiteline (non adjustable) strut brace for my vs and was wondering how much they go for? also what stores supply whiteline gear cause i live in albany and we only got a few suspension shops and the usual auto1, supercheap, repco, autopro, coventrys so would any of them supply whiteline?

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
I got mine off ebay for around $120 delivered. I don't think its a whiteline one though, there all much the same.
I would definetly recomend getting one as they improve turn-in drasticly :p

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
what stores supply whiteline gear cause i live in albany and we only got a few suspension shops and the usual auto1, supercheap, repco, autopro, coventrys so would any of them supply whiteline?

Have a talk to GSL RallySport in the sponsors section of this forum, their prices are really good and they post Australia wide.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
In this very rare particular instance, I'm going to say ring around those stores you've got, and get prices. Alot of the larger chains are on 'no freight' policies with various suppliers, so although their product prices might be ridiculous, the freight in this case might save them.

For me to send a strut brace to you is going to cost $60 alone in freight (I'm assuming you're talking about Albany, WA).

Whiteline have two versions, a mid mount, and rear mount. The rear mount doesn't rub on the bonnet underlining, but the mid mount works better as it doesn't bend. Either will work, and RRP on the two of them is $209 and $199 respectively. My prices would be $187 and $178... but freight is obivously the killer.

Second option is the Pedders strut brace, which is basically the same as the Whiteline rear mount one. I could do that to you for $230 shipped.

Your saving grace might be however, to try Battery World in Albany who are a Pedders agent. The RRP on the Pedders bar is $200, so if they're on a no freight deal you might be ahead, or if they're charging freight, then maybe not... try them, the part number is 4629.

Hope that helps...

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I purchased a whiteline strut brace off ebay a few years ago. Only paid something like $120 + $30 postage I think, there may not have even been postage. It was a pretty good deal. However, I put this thing on, didnt notice anything different except that it was touching and marking the firewall on the bonnet. I took it off and still didnt notice any difference and so left it off.

XTC16

Certified Wise
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foot Falcon
Sorry to hijack the thread, but GSL what's the damage for the Pedders one locally?

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
I purchased a whiteline strut brace off ebay a few years ago. Only paid something like $120 + $30 postage I think, there may not have even been postage. It was a pretty good deal. However, I put this thing on, didnt notice anything different except that it was touching and marking the firewall on the bonnet. I took it off and still didnt notice any difference and so left it off.

You haven't been driving your car properly :p

If you drive your car "hard" onto corners (as i do), you will definetly notice a difference!!! y car turns in soooooo much harder now that i've got one that i wouldn't go back!!!!

The one that i got (sorry, don't know the brand and can't fond it on ebay :( ) doesn't touch the V6 engine cover (higher than the V8 one) and it was GOLD!!

Would seroiusly recomend one, but make sure that if you have a V6m that it clears the engine cover!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I am hard into corners, sometimes very hard. Maybe its just because the car is lowered a bit and the difference the strut makes is pretty minimal, but there is no diff for me from the brace at all.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
I am hard into corners, sometimes very hard. Maybe its just because the car is lowered a bit and the difference the strut makes is pretty minimal, but there is no diff for me from the brace at all.

i couldn't beleive how much better mine turned in when i fitted the brace. Gave the car a whole new edge!! (on ultra lows, so it sits nice :) )

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Sorry to hijack the thread, but GSL what's the damage for the Pedders one locally?
$180, with about a thousand in stock... you want 6? :p