Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who here uses Photobucket?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I would love to say I have one heck of an easy solution but I am not aware of one.

It needs to be one by one at this stage.

Just sorted out that thread well that page, I am sure there will be plenty but if you do raise some please have some patience :)

I 'MAY' have one... are you able to modify/change part of the PB URL address link ppl use to post a pic on a thread?

If so, there is (keep this quiet) a 'hack' you use on the link address to get the pic back.. and viewable

maybe pm me...

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Should be able to do that the only issue I see each user has a different folder.

Moving from vB to XF and fixing all the IMG tags was a walk in the park as there was only soo many combinations used whereas PB is all over the shop.

Since I am on a roll (the last one took me a week to get the images off and on) going through and trying to fix up the entire thread good thing I poured a beer as I sat down, suspect a few more might be required at this rate.

ShinyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pac Ute
Man that will be a big job, good luck haha. I've seen heaps of threads that have been stuffed by photobucket, I'll report the next one I come across

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
I haven't used photobucket for years now, i always found it too cumbersome to get photos up. I have used a local company here in NZ for some of my pics (iforce.co.nz)

I was having a read - apparently you can still view the photos by copying the link and opening it in a new tab, but for some threads (https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/my-hsv-senator-215i.241265/page-4) it doesn't work either, still shows up the stupid placeholder image about 3rd party hosting.

They have really buggered up a lot of good threads all over the WWW by doing this, and while i can see the logic behind asking users to help pay for the bandwidth costs they will have, charging US$399 a year is a bit steep!

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
Cool, thanks Darren!

Do you want us to start listing threads that have photobucket images loaded on them (that arent loading?) Seems like we are loading you up with heaps of work though!

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Here's one - https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vs-5-0.125899/page-3

Apart from the thread starter relinking / loading all of their images, how would you go about it Darren ? There must be thousands and thousands of images on JC alone effected.
Well all images sorted in that thread :D

Let me tell you I was glad to get to page 27 I think it was to find you had swapped photo providers lol

Was a nice thread seeing you repair then you sold it, talk about an emotional thread hehe

Job well done on that one!