Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Bought all of my cars including my first, British Racing Green VC SL 3.3L Blue Motor Trimatic for $1500 ahhhhh the good old days.

Wish my parents bought me a car.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Mine was a 20 second weapon. 253 V8 with traumatic 3 speed auto. Lots of noise but not much go! :yeah:

LMAO.

Its amazing, it shows the difference in attitude to how kids are today.

I had a single 3.5 inch straight through system on my rotary, now anyone who knows rotaries knows how load these suckers can be. I only ever got pulled up once by police. That was only so they could have a look at the car lol.

On a still night you could hear my car up to 5km away :D I still laugh at my brakes though, they were so bad that if you were de-accelerating from 200k it would sway all over the track, almost hit the wall at calder 3 or 4 times :p.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hehehe I'm the opposite to most. Started buying them and am now given them to drive. The only ones I have bought for quite a while have been toys.

Reaper

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
My 253 had a twin 2.5" with one single puny muffler. Man the drone was bad.
Was duel fuel and I went through a tank of gas nearly every day. Back then if gas was 20 cents per litre you'd complain! :cry:

It broke down monthly but amazingly I always managed to get it home. Got stuck out at Healesville late one Saturday night when a pushrod went through a rocker arm. Drove it home on 7 cylinders and every time I took my foot of the gas she'd stall. That was fun.

Loved driving it though. The interior was a trendy crushed velour smoked blue and the seats were like armchairs. The electric windows used to crap themselves all the time. Usually when they were down and when it was raining! :yeah:

VeeZed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7L
i shared my first car with my dad (yes im a daddy's girl)
then my parents bought my 180... i was paying them off (i think i paid 3k out of the 12k they gave me)

then i kept it til my husband broke it (bottom end bearing) so we sold it and he then gave me his VZ and bought himself a 4x4...

Reaction score
You don't sound jealous at all! If your parents offered to buy you a car would you decline for moral reasons? I think not! :whistling

jealous? lol, FAAAR from it.

more ****ed off at the shear stupidity of some parents!

why the hell would you buy your kid a $12,000 turbo sports car for their first car?

if my parents wanted to buy me my first car, I wouldn't want anything that cost more than about $2000!

and if your kid then writes that car off, along with another car, would you be dumb enough to go out and buy them another car the following week?

some parents are just complete morons!

VSIIISU

Reaction score
Website
tuxsavvy.vox.com
Members Ride
VS III S Yewt
Ok just a question regarding peoples first cars who paid you or your parents and what type of car was it

First car is the one in me avatar, still have it :). One of me parents and I paid for most of it and the rest went onto loan.

Kids who have parents buying them stuff can easily get pampered and therefore spoiled. They will lack appreciation for the various things that they take it for granted.

Initially I did envy such kids, but now thinking about it and considering I forked money out to buy my own stuff. I think its much better for one to prove their independence or forever be clinged onto their parent's wealth.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
jealous? lol, FAAAR from it.

more ****ed off at the shear stupidity of some parents!

why the hell would you buy your kid a $12,000 turbo sports car for their first car?

if my parents wanted to buy me my first car, I wouldn't want anything that cost more than about $2000!

and if your kid then writes that car off, along with another car, would you be dumb enough to go out and buy them another car the following week?

some parents are just complete morons!

Because some parents are smart enough to know that it isn't the car that causes the write off but the idiot behind the wheel. Clearly you are one of the persons that blames the car.

Some people are just morons.

Reaction score
Because some parents are smart enough to know that it isn't the car that causes the write off but the idiot behind the wheel. Clearly you are one of the persons that blames the car.

Some people are just morons.

what the flying f*ck are you on about?

parents, who spend thousands of dollars on their 16 year old kids first car, are idiots, end of story.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
what the flying f*ck are you on about?

parents, who spend thousands of dollars on their 16 year old kids first car, are idiots, end of story.

Just like people who complain about parents doing it are idiots.

I myself will make sure my kids are driving around in brand new cars once they get their L's. Had my parents had their way I would of had a VR Commodore when I got my licence in 94, no way in hell I was giving up my turbo rotary.

Sounds like your jealous, must of been hard growing up and only affording a $2000 car.