Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who's going to summernats????

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
It wasnt ever entered to be a 'good car'. It was a car that cost a few grand to buy and make how it is and purely to be different. Dunno who you spoke to but it spent majority of the time of the weekend having people pose for photos with it and have people saying how much they loved that he had a car that was so different. lol. Its not like he ever made it out to be a show car. Each to their own though. If you hated it so be it. Summernats isnt purely for the show cars that people have spent $50k and much more on.

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Was a great weekend, I was there all four days, and took work off today to recover haha.
I saw that video troy posted and I'm behind them banning him, dont need attitudes/disregard like that at nats.
Fair enough that ######## security guard shouldnt have kicked his car or grabbed him, but its a separate issue. If I had've been driven into I would have probably been feeling the same way

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
He shouldn't have done what he did. All that aside though. Great skid.

and DVS_BT1

Like maccas said its not all about $50k cars. Summernats also caters for cars that have been though up "outside of the box" shall we say.

CV60VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
just on that video sorry if I missed something just curious as to what happen like the whole story as to why he got banned and that. Wasn't he meant to do a burnout or something?

Lazyr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
just on that video sorry if I missed something just curious as to what happen like the whole story as to why he got banned and that. Wasn't he meant to do a burnout or something?

Steve Nogas
Unfortunate the way things turned out at Summernats today, I know the way I went about things wasn't right and i apologize for that but telling someone that he cannot skid with two cars to go isn't right either. Summernats had 40hrs to get in touch with me about me driving off the pad after hitting the railing in Friday's qualifier when I was supposedly told by a fire marshal not to. We had a go pro camera attached to the car which clearly shows the fire marshal directing me to drive off the pad and no one telling me to shut it down. We will be uploading this footage from Friday tomorrow. Thanks Steve

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Mate it was a piece of **** wagon covered in synthetic grass? You can't tell me one person there actually liked that thing lol.. There is always going to be average cars there but seriously come on.

Actually I reckon it looked pretty cool and if I recall correctly it did a fairly decent burnout.