Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why do people hoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Why do people hoon/ race on public roads? Like probabably all of us I have been guilty of putting my foot down a litle hard from time to time but I save all my wreckless driving agression for the drag strip.
I see a lot of people driving like maniacs on public roads and hear of a lot of street racing. On this note I also hear a lot of people complaining about the police bugging them.
My point is, if people want to hoon so much, go to a drag meet or something. I race at gippsland dragway and yesterday I went and had a look at the warrnambool dragway as well. As usual there was a collection of nice cars and people having a ball but all the hoons that try racing people at every set of lights were not there.
Do people not realsise that it is complety legal to race at a strip. It is cheaper than getting a fine or killing someone by driving like an idiot in public and you can see how good your car competes against others in the right environment, even if your car is a stock astra. Drag strips like warrnambool and the gippsland dragway are only 1/8 miles so its not much different than racing you mates up the road a bit (but legal and a lot more fun)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
It is simple.

It is because they are idiots. There is no other reason.

These people are immature and DO NOT deserve a licence. I suppose lack of discipline from parents also contributes. the fact police cannot do much to these people except charge them.

With everything that has been happening lately, police really need a ZERO TOLERANCE approach on youth of today.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
It is simple.

These people are immature and DO NOT deserve a licence. I suppose lack of discipline from parents also contributes. the fact police cannot do much to these people except charge them.

With everything that has been happening lately, police really need a ZERO TOLERANCE approach on youth of today.

"the youth of today" minux? I disagree... zero tolerance for ALL wreckless drivers! And not some stupid pissy loss of license thing either... their cars should be impounded!

I'm not talking minor offenses like straying a couple of k's over the limit, the current demerit system should remain in place, but with fewer points. Cars should be confiscated for anything over 10 k's over the limit, DUI, burnouts, wreckless driving, etc. Almost any potential government proposing this sort of toughening up of the laws would be guaranteed my vote!

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
It is simple.

i wouldnt say lack of discipline from parents is a big factor in this, id say there a alot more reasons like, young people when they get there car feel invincible (goes for older people too), peer pressure, not giving a **** about other peoples lives or safety, & like minux has the said, the main reason is that people are total idiots.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
"the youth of today" minux? I disagree... zero tolerance for ALL wreckless drivers! And not some stupid pissy loss of license thing either... their cars should be impounded!

I'm not talking minor offenses like straying a couple of k's over the limit, the current demerit system should remain in place, but with fewer points. Cars should be confiscated for anything over 10 k's over the limit, DUI, burnouts, wreckless driving, etc. Almost any potential government proposing this sort of toughening up of the laws would be guaranteed my vote!

in my opinion, i think everyone should be on zero tolerance for hoon behaviour on our roads, maybe that would sent a message to all the ****wits out there

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
i wouldnt say lack of discipline from parents is a big factor in this, id say there a alot more reasons like, young people when they get there car feel invincible (goes for older people too), peer pressure, not giving a **** about other peoples lives or safety, & like minux has the said, the main reason is that people are total idiots.

spot on really... people are complete idiots. I hate when people use those and other reasons to justify doing it.

There is a MASSIVE difference between a reason and an excuse

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
spot on really... people are complete idiots. I hate when people use those and other reasons to justify doing it.

There is a MASSIVE difference between a reason and an excuse

there is no reason, or excuse for hooning

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4

negative... there is always a reason, and there is almost never an excuse.

Reason: Young and naive

Reason: Friends egging you on

Reason: late for work

None of those are valid, but they are all reasons. A possible excuse might be "friend in back seat with bullet wound to chest" but even that is NOT valid because...

FFS Call an ambulance and WAIT!

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
negative... there is always a reason, and there is almost never an excuse.

Reason: Young and naive

Reason: Friends egging you on

Reason: late for work

None of those are valid, but they are all reasons. A possible excuse might be "friend in back seat with bullet wound to chest" but even that is NOT valid because...

FFS Call an ambulance and WAIT!

yeh your right they are reasons, but still not valid ones

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car

Thats the point im trying to put across.
If you want to hoon, take it to the strip. calder runs regular meets or if you dont think that your car is up to a quarter mile take it to an 1/8. Hooning is fun in the right place. Id rather a tropy for trying rather than a fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.