Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why does my VT go all weird when I have stopped???

mbvp73

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Acclaim Wgn V6 Auto
Hey all

Just had my 99 VT serviced last week. Running smooth as.

BUT! When I am in drive and stopped at the lights say, it like the car has a little fit for half a second then resumes its normal idle. Sorta feels like its going to conk out. Once you are off and running again, all is well.

Would it be a transmission thing coz when I put it in Park or Reverse it doesn't happen. Take note that I do have my auto gearbox slipping every now and then but I wouldn't think it would happen whilst stationary (normally slips when I am doing 100kmh or so)

Transmission service is on the cards but just wondering if anyone else has encounted this and what it could be.

Cheers, mbvp73

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
When were the spark plugs last changed? I had a VT wagon that was giving me a shudder at idle and felt like it was going to conk out which would only happen at the lights. I had already changed everything else but the new NGK plugs I put in made it run worse than before so I put the original ones back into the car and not long after that the issue started.

I recommend Champion Gold plugs if you're going to change them.

mbvp73

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Mick

Last week when I had the service-brand new NGK's! Hmmm, interesting you say that. My mechanic has put these in before and I've never had this problem previously.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Replace your battery eathe lead and check your battery terminals. You've got a bad earth. Had the same thing with mine, hasn't done it since I banged the earth lead.

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
97bermudacalais:1950878 said:
Replace your battery eathe lead and check your battery terminals. You've got a bad earth. Had the same thing with mine, hasn't done it since I banged the earth lead.

Have fun banging the earth lead? :p

mbvp73

Reaction score
Members Ride
hahaha, banging the earth lead!

I did check it, it seems pretty secure to the body. Terminals are tight and clean. Can a battery earth lead just 'go' like that?? Is there another earth lead I should check or is there only one? (Near the cruise/ABS modules)