Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why is my alarm going off when I lock my car?

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Just to update, I finally found that it is the drivers side rear door not locking that is giving me the 4 horn beeps.
If I lock this door manually by pushing the button down first before I lock the car with the remote, then there is no problem.
I'll now have to pull the the door skin off and see what the problem is.

Pull the door skin off and get some WD40 or similiar into the mechanisim below the lock, fixed it for me!!

ports

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
your door is not locking. solenoid needs replacing. $30.00 in sydney

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
Very cheap way to test if its the locks being sticky, buy some graphite powder (or make some with a pencil) and put it into the lock (cant for the life of me think of the name sorry) work it manually a few times. It should fix itself up. Same happened to my Crewman, my mums Commodore, and my dads Statesman.

exastra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec 2004
It is the actuator playing up. Mine was exactly the same 4 quick beeps of the horn. Rear door not locking.
I took off the door skin and filled the actuator up with some CRC electrical contact cleaner/lubricant. You can make it go in and out manually while spraying it.
Worth a shot, cheaper than a new one.
Hasn't done it now for about a month (touch wood)!

Darrend

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
same problem with my car the front passanger door wont lock properly if you lock the door from the inside then turn alarm on works fine. I need to fix lock

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6, HG monaro
Just to update, I finally found that it is the drivers side rear door not locking that is giving me the 4 horn beeps.
If I lock this door manually by pushing the button down first before I lock the car with the remote, then there is no problem.
I'll now have to pull the the door skin off and see what the problem is.

Before you go replacing items like solenoids just check the power through the harness to the solenoid, I have replaced 5-6 harnesses in the rear doors of family cars, seem once they get a lot of use they break wires, once again fairly cheap, can buy off the shelf from coventries or anywhere simlar

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Just googled this a the problem just occurred.

Yep - Driver's side rear door. Locking tab tries to go down & fails.
Wd-40 coming up.