Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will it fit????

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
lilkel said:
hi, can anyone tell me if a transmission from a V8 VS maloo ute fit into my V8 VR statesman??? i rung the local mechanic and he told me it will all bolt up but he wasn't sure about the computer side of it???? thanks in advance!!!
lilkel said:
this probably sounds stupid but what do you mean by "if it was a manual"??? it's an automatic transmission!!!!
sorry, I assumed that the maloo trans was a manual.
also, you may find issues with the TCC so it may be an idea to grab the ECU aswell
Joes_meat said:
He means the manual looms are different.

Bu because it's auto it has the same trans and same loom.
same trans, same loom, different TCC lockup. I've been told that the PCM can be tuned to overcome this problem, but have not seen any proof (but I haven't looked)

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
to anyone who is interested it DIDN't fit i bought the transmission and took the car to the mechanics to have it fitted and got a phone call about 2 hours later telling me it won't fit the wiring is different!! and he reckons it can't be made fit!! does this sound right???? now i'm really stuck and don't know what to do my car has no transmission in it at all and the best price he can get me a second hand transmission for is $1000!! which i don't have now after spending my money on a transmission that doesn't fit!!!:bang: :bang: :bang:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
nah that's bullshit. they're the same engine/trans with a few tweaks.
the loom will fit without dramas. he's trying to fleece you. take it to someone else

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
he said something about the transmission having 12 pins and the loom having 13 or vice versa!!! what i can't understand is if there is a wire short why can't a wire be run from wherever it's supposed to go to the box???or if it has an extra why can't it just be left??? but he reckons it won't run right!!!