Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will it fit?

V

VN-PiLoT

hey waz juss making 100% sure, um if i buy a CIA from "ss induction" should i buy it for a V8? i have the standard 3.8 and i want the best for it and was thinkin a V8 induction would be better... so yeh i dun mind spending the money but yeh shud i buy for V6 or V8?

vrclubbie

Reaction score
my mate has a v8 1 on his vr V6
imho they are a waste of time though

evil_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
if you do get a cai, get a super 6 unit .You can buy one from from holden with all the neccasary clips etc for about $70-$80 from memory.Also another way of getting cold air is to plumb 4" piping to the underside of the airbox then feed it to the fnt air damn.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
The V8 one is just bigger.....that would mean more cold air getting to the engine right?

richie83

Reaction score
The ammount of air going into it is restricted by the gap between your bonnet. I've just installed a V6 S/C on my car and theres a slight improvement. If you've got a series 2, remove the sock (as recommended by garth) and you can notice some difference. A mate of mine has tried both the V8 and V6, and said his car runs the same with either, The CAI cost me $50 from holden, not including the bottom part of the box, as I cut that myself.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
it is a slight improvement in performance but the noticeable difference is the smoothness it adds to the engine and it seems to not have to work as hard to get going.
But if your engine is as rough as guts already you probably won't notice the difference.
A know-all told me that a strut brace did nothing too but I put one on anyway and proved to myself that he was wrong as well.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
How well did the strut brace strengthen the handling, I am interested in getting one for my VN.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
It took the uneasy feeling you get when you are going around a corner and you hit a bump in the road and the car seems to slightly change direction from where you were pointing it.
It boxes in the struts so they don't flex ....It reduces bump steer.
Going straight ahead it has no effect.
As someone said before if you jack your car at the front under the control arm so the suspension is loaded , the top of the strut will move a bit maybe 10mm max but this has got to change the steering geometry when you are driving if it under the same load like taking a sweeping corner at speed.
Anyway thats my opinion.

sharpeidog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec
I agree about the strut brace, but did find that the car was more stable in a straight line at speed, may just be my imagination tho.... Was never overly a problem, but I find now the car is steady as a rock at high speeds and doesn't budge, talking 180+. Seemed to "drift" a bit at these speeds before I put the brace on. Not that people should be driving at those sorts of speeds.... :eek: But a huge improvement in hard cornering, as well as looking good too.... ;)

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
I made mine myself and overkilled it with the size of steel I used and with a bit of silver caliper paint it doesn't look like I made it in my backyard and its shitloads stronger.