Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
It looks ok to me. Kia are having a crack. Good on them. I'll bet it's not comparative to a basic SS, in overall dynamics, let alone a Redline. I might be proven wrong yet. But I doubt it. But as others have said, on paper, it shits on any Toymota, Mazda or Honda on offer here in this segment.
Will I buy one? No. But then, I'm not in the market. It lacks the DNA to appeal to me. It will not be a replacement for the curent Commy. But then, nothing is. It's a dying segment. FIIK why? But, it is what it is.
Holden may or may not survive into the future. I hope they do. Predominantly that is up to GM and whether they contiune to give a fkying fukc about our market. If I was GM's CEO, given the current scenario, I'd find it hard to invest heavily into this market. Unless there were cars which, with little capex required, and very little design and other mods to get them to market and sell well at a profit. I hope that is the case. Time will tell.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
It has not even been released yet and the ignorant among us, who have never seen the car in the metal let alone driven one, have already written it off and are crapping all over it. How can it be any good, it's not a V8 ...bla bla bla
That works both ways though.
It has not even been released, seen in the metal or driven yet people are blindly praising this car and hyping it up as though it is the second coming.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
I have three kids so depending on the interior space that will be the first criteria for me to consider it. But I am glad that at least one manufacturer believes that there is life in RWD platforms.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That works both ways though.
It has not even been released, seen in the metal or driven yet people are blindly praising this car and hyping it up as though it is the second coming.
I see it as hope, people are hoping that KIA can fill the void.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Hyundai isnt the same company they were 10-15 years ago and neither are their cars. The company has a big hold in Europe and as a result the technology and advancements they are putting in cars, all throughout their price range has grown to suit.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
NOT a bad looking car, but the ass could be better, it would be a fun car to drive no doubt, plus kias 7 year warranty is a BIG bonus. The AWD model that we are not getting would probably be a nearly a second???? quicker again .. But I hope they have worked on their interiors, when we bought the wifes CX5 last year we looked at a sportage, as they are cheaper, better warranty etc, but when comparing apples to apples the mid range mazda was equal or better than the top sportage, very similar price, and the kia still looked very cheap inside, the mazda is sooo many levels above.

H

harrop.senator

Out of interest, which Holdens' are you inferring are better, on what basis, and with better quality interior than the VF?

Vy-vz are the last of the interiors i liked unsure of the material they used on the dashes centre consoles etc but feels like a more realistic vinylesque in my opinion. The new ones just feel like textured plastic to me. Not on them falling apart or anything i just find the fit and finish is ikea like and feels a bit more budget.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Vy-vz are the last of the interiors i liked unsure of the material they used on the dashes centre consoles etc but feels like a more realistic vinylesque in my opinion. The new ones just feel like textured plastic to me. Not on them falling apart or anything i just find the fit and finish is ikea like and feels a bit more budget.
I can't agree with you there mate. VY/Z interiors were ok, from an ergonomical perspective. They looked ok too. Second to the VT though in that body I think. But, quality? Worlds behind a VF. Each to their own but.
"Don't make em like they used to" is an often used phrase, that is rarely backed by anything more than nostalga and emotion IMO.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
We should be celebrating this car and others like it. As for its performance claims, let's wait for real world results rather than believing marketing.

H

harrop.senator

Make them like they used to I meant as soft and grainy ive only been in pov pack vfs not flash ones but the material seems thicker and softer in the earlier models especially vr vs. I couldnt get over how hard and uncomfortable the centre console lid and arm rests feel in vfs. I know that the old ones the vinyl they used was more prone to cracking and wear but in my opinion was plusher and comfortable. I didnt mean the actual " lasting " of the newer ones to be any worse off they probably last longer being a closer to plastic (in my opinion feeling wise) material then the older ones. I simply meamt the materials have changed and they dont make new interiors the same in any cars. I find the rubberized padding feel has gone in most cars now.