Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will vp ss irs diff fit my vr calais 5litre irs

94calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 5.7 vy ss
hi all as it states above in title, just makin sure before i buy, if it doesn't have abs like mine does, does it matter do i just not connect the abs back up will that still work, cheers

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
In short no it wont work a lot of hassel changeing them ABS its best to buy an ABS IRS Diff and up to VT series 1 will fit

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
ive got a couple of ABS IRS diffs here if your in vic?? Ive got a LSD and a open.

Pm me if your after one.

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
i though u just put abs axles out of ur calais in the other diff as far as i aware thats the only differance i did it to mine when i put a 3.7 lsd in my vr calais. The alxes r held in by a ring clip on the spline just lever and tap them out but they can be tricky to put back in. well thats what i did anywayz

sime

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Calais
i had a vs irs non lsd and got a vp irs lsd diff. i got a diff guy to rebuild the diff & change the abs axels over & it worked no probs

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
how did you go with mounting the abs sensors to the none abs diff housing?

Save your self the hassle.. ive got a ABS IRS LSD diff sitting right here :) or if your looking for a cheaper one i have open center

94calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 5.7 vy ss
i've already bought it and i don't c y it wouldn't work it's all the same just no sensor clips which i would just have to go with out abs

94calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 5.7 vy ss
my car is irs and i bought another irs diff from a vpss i just don't think it has the abs sensor

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
im pretty sure that the abs brackets r bolt on anywayz and worst comes just swap the covers over

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i've already bought it and i don't c y it wouldn't work it's all the same just no sensor clips which i would just have to go with out abs

Im not 100% sure but I think that if the vehicle has ABS fitted and its not working or is disconnected,the vehicle wont be roadworthy and will fail a roadworthy inspection.I guess the insurance companies would be interested in this to if you were involved in a crash.It would probably be reason enough for them not to pay up if you crashed and were at fault.