Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window thingy??

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
just a quick couple of questions....

what is the part called that the window/glass slides in between on all doors, is it the bailey channel?

is this available from rare spares??

is it flexible and easy to fit??

ive just acquired 2 rear doors that are 100% rust and dent free to replace my 2 as mine are rusting out in the bottom, so it was cheaper and easier to source 2nd hand doors rather than cutting, welding and repainting a replacement rust panel.

When stripping down the replacement doors this stuff was very brittle and broke, so ill imagine my existing doors will do the same as theyre 32yrs old.

any feedback would be great

justin

morphiousvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8
yes Bailey channel
Rare spares has it or
Can get it from Clarke rubber $15 a meter or so.
Yes flexible & Easy to fit did my rear pass door this morning, Hardest part is cutting the corners neat

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Clarke rubber eh??

sounds all promising guys cheers

does it rely on its self to stay in position or there some glue or something in there as well to hold it in

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
ok thanks man

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
A trick with the corners is to not cut the channel all the way through. You just want to cut out a 45 degree on the back so it bends in. Then the outer section (on both sides) that's seen is bent 45 (ish) not cut and joined at 45 (ish). Much neater IMO and the need for accuracy is less. You cut them a bit longer than they need to be so the channel is shoved hard into the corners.

They are designed for glue-less fitting.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
so basically the 2 sides and the top all become 1 continuous length??
ive noticed on my existing doors there is one side starting to drop down lower so theyre obviously 3 individual lengths
whats the best tool to cut it? hacksaw blade, Stanley or snips?

whats the best method to measuring it

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Yes it is one continuous length

The factory ones are precut and fit perfect, if you take your time the after market ones will to

Brand new Stanley knife blade or two should do the car, practice at an end first cutting to make sure you get it right.

Clean out where the channel goes in the door frame prefit and once your happy with fitment, remove then fit using contact adhesive so it wont slip down 3

Scott