Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windows 8 Public Test Release

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I know I'll have to buy it at some point, but hopefully I can avoid it for now lol. I might go have a sticky beak today at some of the systems.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
For anyone interseted about how the product keys and activation is going to work here is how.

OEM computers now shipped with Windows 8 will no longer come with a COA sticker. The product key is now being injected into the BIOS and windows will automactically activate as soon as it is connected to the internet or you have the choice of calling up Microsoft to have it Activated manually. This will make it easy when you need to reinstall windows etc.

Q: What if I put another hard drive in and install windows then take it out and put it back into my other computer?
A: Microsoft have already thought a bout this. If you try and and installed windows using the same product key, activation will fail for both until one has that product key deleted. Heres how this works
Microsoft provides product keys to OEM>>>OEM inject the product key into the BIOS>>>>OEM then create a thing called a CBR(Computer build report)Which consists of hardware hash and logs this onto a online database>>> Customer then buys the computer>>>>Once connected to the internet it will retrieve the CBR to cross reference the product key and hardware hash to make sure it all matches.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
$40 purchase and download until Jan for windows pro. I'll be purchasing a couple of copies for home.

Have enjoyed playing with a few copies at work, quite easy to navigate around. Startmenu is the same as any mobile device so I don't know why its hard to grasp.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
It's good they are much cheaper. They'd never sell upgrades at $175+

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
just having a look at the menu set up.

why do they ened to put social networking etc in there? same as with phones.
i dont know about on the computer but on the phones it basically wont let you delete the items for facebook and twitter and so forth
can you delete them? or do they force you to always have the whole social networking bits and pieces there?