Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windows not working properly

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
One day (a while ago now), i went to wind down the window, and it started moaning and going down on an angle and something snapped.

I've taken the door trim off a few times trying to find what is wrong, but coz its so damn hard to see anything coz its all behind metal, and knowing bugger all, makes it difficult to see whats wrong, but I did find this after the snap.

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, mechanic on the phone reckons it would cost about $290 to fix, even though he hasn't seen it yet, so bugger it i'll have a go first, any help would be great.

EDIT: Have electric windows, so thats why something snapped, didn't stop it in time, i wasn't a dumbass and kept winding until it snapped

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
This looks like one of the guides on the arm that keeps your window straight. One side may have just popped out and that caused the side to snap. You will have to take it right out to see if it's repairable.
Have a look here, it tells you how to install electric windows but it should give you an idea on how to take them apart. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=26933

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Ah sweat dude, thanx a lot for that, i've done searches before but never found that, cheers

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Damn that looks tricky, browsing ebay found where it goes

Whiteplasticbitp.gif

1fasttruck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx clubbie
Did you fix it mate?
My vs ute did the same thing, takes about 10 minutes to fix, if the plastic joint is cracked replace it otherwise it will keep happening, the plastic guides are about $2 from holden, dont get sucked in by a wrecker telling you that you need a whole new assembly.
Also, if you go to the trouble of changing one you may as well change both on the same door..
Cheers

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Nah havent got around to it yet, well thats great news then, thought i would've had to take out the whole assembly. Nah its not broken, just the rivet snapped. How did you go about fixing it, haven't had a look yet to see how I will go about it.
Thanks for your help