Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windows Phone 7.8 to be released early 2013

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
From the Windows blog today (http://blogs.windows.com/windows_ph...2/11/28/an-update-on-windows-phone-7-8.aspx):

As previously announced, with Windows Phone 7.8 we’re also bringing the feature to existing Windows Phone 7.5 devices. During the development process, I used builds of 7.8 on my Lumia 900 and it felt like a completely new phone: resizable Live Tiles totally change the way I do things, providing faster access to more of my favorite people, photos, and apps.Windows Phone 7.8 also includes some other cool stuff. It doubles the number of theme and accent colors—to 20—so you can make your phone even more personal. There are also new lock screen features: the option to automatically display the Bing Picture of the Day plus the ‘A1B2C3’ PIN/password challenge to prevent accidental device wipes on phones connected to Exchange accounts.
We know you’re eager to get the Windows Phone 7.8 update, and we want you to know that we’re working closely with our hardware and carrier partners to get it tested, approved, and rolled out to as many devices as possible in early 2013. As we work to quickly get this in the hands of our loyal users, we’re also striving to deliver a high-quality release and ensure a smooth transition for our widely expanded services.

I am looking forward to the update, and although it has been partially released overseas, i will wait till it arrives in NZ and fully supported by MS and Nokia (I have a Lumia 710)

Addtional Links:
Windows Phone 7.8 is now rolling out to Nokia Lumia 800 - GSMArena.com news
Windows Phone 7.8 upgrades appear on Nokia's servers for all eligible Lumias

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
My work phone is a Lumia 800, better keep an eye out for the update, only just started the other week and the thing has been off for months lol.