Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windows Vista - New Windows Version

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
it gets me how they went from OS (Operating System) to OSFWOSTCHBLOSTTBTWFO......(operating system filled other **** that could have been left out so that the bloody thing works for once)

it seems to be dooing less operating every version they bring out......i want eye candy...ill by a skyline with a milo tin and rev the **** out of it in front of strip club, chicks dig that right? :p lol....

aZk.

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
azkwazere said:
Good on micro$hit for trying though...its been how many years now???

XP came out when i was in year 9 or 10. so about 5 or 6 years ago i guess.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Funny how most people bag on M$ yet how many of you that bag it use it? ;)

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
XP came out in 2001, Vista is going to be the latest and greatest but if I can't even resolve my issues with XP x64 there's no way in hell I'm going to use Vista until it becomes very much mainstream, and everything works (in particular nokia/motorola phone drivers and non-standard xbox 360 controller drivers - xinput sucks)..

I'll still stick-up for Windows Server 2003 as being my favorite at the moment, once all the unnecessary services are stopped and features enabled it's quite a stable powerhouse built on Windows XP (hell Vista was being built S2003 instead of XP)

I've been playing with different OS's for quite a while now, Vista when it was just a baby (longhorn 3xxx) and the last Vista I tried was 5308 32-bit (if they can barely support our products with 32 bit drivers we're doomed if we're going to be using 64 bit version lol), even Mac OSX and a few linux builds.. meh to them, I keep coming back to 32-bit 2003/XP MCE 2005

Even at the moment I have to use a virtual machine to connect to our phones because there's no 64 bit drivers for them, companies need to start putting an effort in lol

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
Not worth it in my opinion, needs a s*itload of PC specs and I ain't gonna spent more money than I need to on upgrading the computers (although mine's near top of the line hehe) I downloaded the Vista skins (not the full OS, and it's crap too- who want's transparent windows? If you want to see screenshots of the latest build of Vista, visit www.winsupersite.com.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
It's not only Vista that's getting that interface, check out the latest version of office I acquired.. and don't even ask what I had to go through to get uxtheme installed on x64 windows lol

Last edited:

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Cant wait for vista, PC is already for it to go on when it comes out end of Jan 07. i guess its sad that im all excited for it :p, mainly wat it for the eyecandy, Areo looks great!! :)

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
minux said:
Funny how most people bag on M$ yet how many of you that bag it use it? ;)

Yeah everyone that bags it is either a dummy and jealous of the money M$ rake in... or have been using windows since 95 and are still complaining... If they took up programming they'd understand there's millions of lines of code which isn't an easy task to do, and they'd give it some repect for what it is.

Any of the slaggers out there tried installing Linux and got it networked with their isp as easily and straight forwards as XP ?