Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Winter

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Yeah, well, the days are warm but the nights are getting down around 8 - 10 degrees here in western QLD....

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
This morning was so cold in perth I could cut glass with my nipples. :rofl:

B

brock/owna

had to deice again this morning it was 1 degree at 6 am

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
i think it is almost getting down to 20 overnight. was a chilly 26 in the loungeroom on monday.

B

brock/owna

DazVYSS said:
This morning was so cold in perth I could cut glass with my nipples. :rofl:
how do u know that they could cut glass and did u try lmao

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
brock/owna said:
how do u know that they could cut glass and did u try lmao

thanx 4 that mental picture :eek:

C

CHA55A

Im a big fan of winter. Prefer it over summer.
I find cruising in winter more enjoyable... i know weird. ehhehe
Fav. thing to do is cruise on a cold but sunny day up to the blue mountains and spend a whole day there.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I actually like winter as well...but then I also like the heat in summer...go figure... :bang:

Over the next couple of months will be a couple of swap meets I attend every year, and I always take the motorbike. One is Nambour and the other is Rockhampton...I leave Bundy before 4 in the morning, pretty well rugged up, wearing the following: Jeans, tracksuit pants over the top, woolen socks, leather bike boots, flannellette shirt, leather bike jacket, army jacket over the top of that, R-Jays' thinsulate-lined leather winter motorbike gloves, neck warmer (like the lower half of a balaclava that comes up to your nose) and ride off with my feet tucked in behind the cylinders of my BMW R65 boxer twin...a toasty warm spot... :D ...maybe I should fit a fairing so I have something to hide behind...
The only thing is, that with Queensland winters being what they are, if I ride back to Bundy late in the arvo instead of staying somewhere for the night before heading home like either my sister-in-laws in Gympie if I am going south, or my brothers place in Rocky, the day has warmed up so all the extra cold weather stuff is usually stuffing my Gearsack bag full and I wear my thinner summer gloves... :bang:

I shouldn't complain though...real men aren't afraid of frostbite... :D

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
i prefer the cool of winter but crusing in summer is more fun.more people out and the chix wear less hehe.

not driving my VB as much in the winter though.it doesnt have a heater system and it gets bloody freezing inside it at night.basically no underlay or insulation under the carpet or rooflinign to hold heat in either.

but it never fails to start whatever the temperature is.but then again it sleeps in a double garage to.