Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiper Water Jet

O

ogvp

Yeah one ot the nozzels that squirts the water onto the windscreen is dead in my vp. And i know this is about the most unimportant problem you can have with a car ;0)

Is there a way to get them out without breaking them, if there is i can just go to a yard and get another one? i cant rember how there held in place.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I think they are just pronged, well the vl ones are and the new ones I grabbed are similar. I got new ones from Holden, and ended up getting given vt ones or something. 10 dollars each, definately worth getting the new ones as the plastic isn't brittle.

How to get them out without breaking? I wouldn't really worry, but basically you just get the tube off, then squeeze the prongs together and if they aren't that old they come out.. But usually the clips snap and you rip it out and bin it.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
when i replaced mine when i put some gay ass crappy bonnet lights (still regret it today) .. i didnt want to have to replace them if i broke one so i used a pair of needle nose pliers and squeezed and pushed them and they kinda just fell out,turned out kinda pointless tho cuz one fell off the bonnet and into the engine bay never to be seen again ... grrrr @ my crummydoor

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
s0sage said:
when i replaced mine when i put some gay ass crappy bonnet lights (still regret it today) .. i didnt want to have to replace them if i broke one so i used a pair of needle nose pliers and squeezed and pushed them and they kinda just fell out,turned out kinda pointless tho cuz one fell off the bonnet and into the engine bay never to be seen again ... grrrr @ my crummydoor

Dude if you dont like the gay lights just un hook the wires from your headlights.

Also you should just be able to nudge them out from underneath, they did on my vn

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Most times you just stick a needle up the jet hole and they free up and work again.

O

ogvp

****, dont know how i did'nt think of using a pin. Yeah it works now but most of the water ends up on the roof so in the morning i'll crimp the water supply so it lands on the windscreen - thanks

Sometime i'll get some of those vt ones, i hate bleach stained plastic.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
looooooooooooooooooool

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I think the jets move around inside the plastic like a ball joint so try putting the needle up the jet hole and move it downwards and see if it moves so the water squirts onto the screen.