Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wiring cable 4 sub ?????????????????????????????????

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
i want 2 buy a wiring cable set from the local auto shop but i dont no if the cables are going 2 be long enough to reach my sub i have a Vr calais and the sub is goin to sit on the hump in the boot a few of my mates have tried using the cables from the shops but the come up short i dont wanna waste 60 bucks 4 nothing.

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
hey there,
i have wired in many subs and amps in commodores and usually get the wiring kits from JB HI-FI. they come with everything from RCA leads, Trigger wire for amp, power wire from battery, earth wire, terminals etc and have never had any problems with the wires being too short.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
i baught a Cadence Set From JB HiFi... it was a bit moe pricey tho, can't really remember how much, but over $100.. you got a better set of rca leads and the power cable was the same length as a aeropro set, as i have 2 sets. as long as you dont waste the power cables length in the bonnet you will be fine.
so, from the battery run it through the fire wall behind the dash and run it down the drivers side of the car....if you do it this way there is no chance it wont reach.
let me know how you go!

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
You'll need 6m of power cable, and 5m of RCA lead. Otherwise you will come up short.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
get some bits of string and measure t where you need to go, through the path you will be taking for the rca's and power cables