Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring in GPS unit.

CountryPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Guys Hi, sorry if this is a double up thread.

I need help locating the best place to access usual power wires in the dash/front. Had great ease in previous cars (VS & VU) but the new wagon to my surprise has considerably less undeer the steering shroud.

All I'm hunting for is 12 V constant, ACC and GND (obviously that one is already covered) to install aftermarket nav system.

Cheers.

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
In the ve sedans there is a plug for a cigarette lighter at the bottom of the facia. Could use that plug?

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
In the ve sedans there is a plug for a cigarette lighter at the bottom of the facia. Could use that plug?

( only with the smokers pack installed)

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Ahh my bad. I thought the plug is always there with or without the smokers pack fitted.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Ahh my bad. I thought the plug is always there with or without the smokers pack fitted.

The plug is there to connect the smokers pack to in all models. I have done it now in my MY09 and MY11 SV6s. The thread with instructions on fitting the front smokers pack will show you where to find it.